Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Locating where prisoner is kept?

Options
  • 25-05-2014 2:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭

Hey, 9 years ago (about 2004-2005) I was friend with one guy up until 2011, but then I moved away and didn't see or hear from him until 2012 when I saw him on news, he got imprisoned (not gonna specify what for) for 6 years.

For past year or so I've been considering to talk to him, find out how he's been if it's possible at all but I don't know which prison he is kept in, at the moment of crime he was in Dublin city, so I assume it's one of local prisons.

Is there any way to find out? Can friends even visit or only family members?

Thanks.

P.S - sorry not sure if this is right section.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Your local Garda station may be able to point you in the right direction. They may not know where your friend is, but they would know who does.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Try Facebook?

Friends can visit prisoners but I think you or they have to apply for appointments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭GerB40

Friends are allowed in to visit. Some people in prison don't have families or might not speak to to theirs if they do. Sometimes when a prisoner misbehaves, they might get visiting rights taken from them but it's never permanent. And like the above poster said, your friends local garda station should have details on where they're being kept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Could always write a letter addressed to his name @ prison services. They'll get it to him.

• Advertisement

ProudDUB wrote: »
    Your local Garda station may be able to point you in the right direction. They may not know where your friend is, but they would know who does.

Nope. Data protection issue right there. I would say to contact the Irish Prison Service. They may say for you to just write to the prisoner and they will pass it on. If they want to make contact back then they can contact you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

small chance he could be out if some of the 6 years was suspended and good behaviour

Advertisement