Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing out an old cottage?

Options
  • 25-05-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

I have inherited a semi- derelict cottage in the country. The house has been unoccupied for a couple of years. I intend on renovating it. This summer I want to start clearing out some of the rooms, as they are full of all kinds rubbish and debris.

However there is a huge infestation of rats, judging by the holes etc.. everywhere. I have been unable to control the infestation as I rarely get to visit the house.

What is the safest way for me to clear out these rooms?

I will do myself if I have to. But I am terrified of rats, and I would rather pay someone!

Does anyone know if it is possible to hire a company or person to take on the job of clearing and pest controlling?! If so how much would it roughly cost?

Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Good rubble gloves, good steel toe caps and a good dust mask.

I'd rather clear out a place that have live , rather than dealing with the smell, flies and corpses of dead rats.

Just be hygienic, wash ur hands etc.

If your a able bodied man, hire a skip, as a mate for a favour and smash it out ur self over the weekend or 2.

Advertisement