Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BYOB restaurants in Mayo?

Options
  • 25-05-2014 2:38pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭

Heading to Mayo in a couple of weeks- likely to stay in Westport and will probably do day trips etc.

Can anyone suggest or recommend some BYOB restaurants? Have googled and searched menu pages etc but just drawing a blank.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

MammaZita wrote: »
    Heading to Mayo in a couple of weeks- likely to stay in Westport and will probably do day trips etc.

Can anyone suggest or recommend some BYOB restaurants? Have googled and searched menu pages etc but just drawing a blank.

Many thanks

As far as I know there are no places that do that, it is not as common as it is in the UK, actually quite rare here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

There is one on achill called Pure Magic . Never been but it's supposed to be quite nice. Pizza is meant to be delicious!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

Xenji wrote: »
    As far as I know there are no places that do that, it is not as common as it is in the UK, actually quite rare here.

Really? I'd be surprised that most large towns around Ireland don't have a few. We've come across BYOB in Dublin, Donegal, Cork, Galway, Kerry, Clare, Kildare, Wicklow, Sligo- these are just off the too of my head. Perhaps you're right though as I'm not finding much on Mayo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭MammaZita

etxp wrote: »
    There is one on achill called Pure Magic . Never been but it's supposed to be quite nice. Pizza is meant to be delicious!

Thanks just looked it up on Tripadvisor and the reviews are fantastic. Will definitely check it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

In Ballina one of the Chinese restaurants in diamond street car park is BYOB, cant think of the name right now but will ask my wife later.

• Advertisement
Advertisement