Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Direct UK Product warranty

Options
  • 25-05-2014 5:00pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Is anyone aware of warranty conditions for Tesco UK online purchases ?

I am planning to buy a TV using parcel motel.

Thanks !

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Must be returned online for repair or replacement, if an issue occurs. You cannot return it to an Irish store. Similar policy for clothes bought on their online site- you're no longer allowed return them in-store.

The issue they have- is vastly differening Irish and UK prices for the same products- and vastly different exchange rates. Some people were milking it (aka buying clothes and electrical goods online- and returning them instore here, and making a tidy profit out of it).

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭gerrykiddy

I have bought 2 TVs from Sainsburys in the north and both came with Dublin numbers for support. I know its not Tesco but I am sure it won't be much different. Be warned however just how difficult it can be to deal with Tesco Customer Service and how difficult it can be to contact them. Even their emails addresses are "do not reply" ones.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Must be returned online for repair or replacement, if an issue occurs. You cannot return it to an Irish store. Similar policy for clothes bought on their online site- you're no longer allowed return them in-store.

The issue they have- is vastly differening Irish and UK prices for the same products- and vastly different exchange rates. Some people were milking it (aka buying clothes and electrical goods online- and returning them instore here, and making a tidy profit out of it).

So do they provide any pre-paid return labels ? or de we have to use parcel motel for returning it ??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

tharmor wrote: »
    So do they provide any pre-paid return labels ? or de we have to use parcel motel for returning it ??

They give you an RMA number, and the returns address. You return it by whatever means you're happy it will safely get there. I've returned clothes using ordinary postage, and a DAB radio that malfunctioned, using a registered parcel. They don't cover the cost of returning the package.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

They give you an RMA number, and the returns address. You return it by whatever means you're happy it will safely get there. I've returned clothes using ordinary postage, and a DAB radio that malfunctioned, using a registered parcel. They don't cover the cost of returning the package.

I am talking about big TVs here....anyone ever returned a faulty TV which they might have ordered using Parcel Motel or they have service centers here......

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

Moved from Bargain Alerts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The means of returning is usually up to you. Parcel Motel is a bit of a red herring, as it's just a means you used to get a product not shipped here at the quoted price.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

in the next week you will be able to return clothes for a refund to stores. it is just about to be rolled out.

if it's a technica tv you might be able to return it to a store without a receipt. other than that you'd have to try get it shipped back, have you tried Amazon for the same telly?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭plonker

Could you return faulty electrical goods bough from Tesco direct if you were up north to a store?

Advertisement