Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

first invoice

Options
  • 25-05-2014 6:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭

Hi All a bit of advice required as I'm a quite lost in these matters.

Been asked to DJ for a local bar but on condition I invoice for services rendered. This I'm sure will only be ever a once off invoice and I have no intention of perusing further work as I already have a full time job.

So in order to invoice for services rendered what do i need to do?
    If it requires setting up a company I'm just going to let it go...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

At the simplest level all an invoice is a simple record of what you did, the cost and how they pay you ..
    You don't need to be a registered business or company to generate one

You could use something like Freshbooks if you're only doing this once or twice - it won't cost you anything and is dead easy to use :)

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Buttercake

Sebzy wrote: »
    Hi All a bit of advice required as I'm a quite lost in these matters.

Been asked to DJ for a local bar but on condition I invoice for services rendered. This I'm sure will only be ever a once off invoice and I have no intention of perusing further work as I already have a full time job.

So in order to invoice for services rendered what do i need to do?
    If it requires setting up a company I'm just going to let it go...

Thanks

You can make one in excel

To: Pub
    Services: DJ Set
    Cost: €xxx

the invoice should include your real name, address and PPS number.

You dont need a company or registsred business unless you want to have a business name: DJ Sezby Services etc

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

We are a B2C company when we have had B2B customers I have just made one in spreadsheet and then sent it to them as a PDF no need to be buying any software or doing anything fancy for one invoice.

Advertisement