Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hb506 opinions

• 25-05-2014 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I was looking at a nice enough Ifor Williams HB506 Horsebox on donedeal.The 506 replaced the 505 model in 2008 I think. I have heard mixed opinions so far. People saying they arent as sturdy as the old 505. The 506 are a much nicer looking box and they have a large window at the front so you can see the horses. Any opinions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭borrch

I bought a hb506 in 2009. I love them, much better than the older models imo. They are much bigger, I have a 17hh horse and fits lovely in it, before with the hb505 my sisters 16.3hh head would be hitting the roof, too narrow, and not long enough. I think the hb511 is too big for 99% of people tho. They are very well balanced, and feel very sturdy. They aren't reinforced at the front but sure they don't need to be. They are also much more horse friendly imo, more bright and airy, loads of windows and light.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 rollingrock1

famer279 wrote: »
    I was looking at a nice enough Ifor Williams HB506 Horsebox on donedeal.The 506 replaced the 505 model in 2008 I think. I have heard mixed opinions so far. People saying they arent as sturdy as the old 505. The 506 are a much nicer looking box and they have a large window at the front so you can see the horses. Any opinions?

I bought the 511brand new and sold it on a year later so I could buy another 510 again! 511 was so ridiculously disappointing :-( very over priced, flimsy and nowhere near as strong as the good old 505 and 510 models classics included. In my opinion i would buy right and buy long term by sticking with 505 or 510 :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51 ✭✭MedusaV8

I have been looking at buying a trailer to assist with my move to Ireland and for horses once we have settled into our new home. I've done a lot reading up on H&H and forums including trailer manufacturers web sites. My conclusion is that the 506 is too small and flimsy for most 16:2 even though they are targeted at that market.
    Personally I have gone for an older Rice Beaufort Treble trailer and I will install a RUMBER floor before we get our horses.

For the IW's I'd recommend a 510.

Advertisement