Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

colaiste chamuis

• 25-05-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

hi all heading to colaiste chamuis (an tulach) in a few weeks and wondering what is it like? What to bring and Is it a good galetacht? basically everything i would need to know!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭robman60

I went their once after 2nd year, great place.

I'll be dead honest, I found it incredibly hard the first few days because I had a very low standard. I got in a bit of trouble the first week because I resorted to Béarla quite a bit because I was struggling quite badly.

Then the next two weeks were just amazing. By the last week I was speaking quite well and one day at dinner my ceannaire just commented in shock at how much I'd improved. Only then I realised it myself. I had gone from a complete Irish cynic to a passionate Gaeilgeoir!

It actually changed my school life completely. I improved in French so much after it too as I finally got a grasp of languages which had puzzled me until then. Got an A in Irish in JC and an A2 in the mocks for LC.

So in a nutshell, go with a positive attitude and make an effort for the first while and you'll thoroughly enjoy yourself. Make sure you make an effort no matter how difficult you find it because it is quite strict. Strict means it will serve its purpose, however, and you'll definitely come on in leaps and bounds.

Go n-éirí an t-ádh leat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭DarraghFitz98

I'm going to Tulach Cúrsa C and I presume that's where you are going too? :) This will be my third year and I can guarantee you three brilliant weeks! The craic is great and you learn loads! I used to be average at Irish but I did my JC in 2013 and got the only A in Irish in my school for a few years :P Hope to see you there!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mayogirlie1

I'm going to Tulach Cúrsa C and I presume that's where you are going too? :) This will be my third year and I can guarantee you three brilliant weeks! The craic is great and you learn loads! I used to be average at Irish but I did my JC in 2013 and got the only A in Irish in my school for a few years :P Hope to see you there!

Yes I am going to cursa c :) also did my Junior Cert in 2013 but unfortunately forgot everything in TY! I am worried about going on my own though is it hard to make friends?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭DarraghFitz98

Yes I am going to cursa c :) also did my Junior Cert in 2013 but unfortunately forgot everything in TY! I am worried about going on my own though is it hard to make friends?

I'll see you there so! :) Yeah I've the same problem forgot loads :( Well you seem sound enough so you should be fine! It is easy for down to earth sound people to make friends :) If you want to know anymore feel free to ask me on this or in private messaging :)

Advertisement