Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dan Shanahan, the new Davy Fitz?

• 25-05-2014 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭

After seeing his performance today in Thurles he's getting there I'd say

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭spacetrap

thefloss wrote: »
    After seeing his performance today in Thurles he's getting there I'd say
    Whats the problem. He is a proud passionate Waterford man just like Davy is with Clare.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

I too thought he was way over the top yesterday. He was in the linesman's face for almost every single line ball that occurred on his side and it definitely influenced the linesman a couple of times (once which, ironically, lead to Waterford's goal when Cork messed up the line ball after Gavin overturned the linesman's decision).

It's one aspect of the GAA that is really annoying (Shanahan isn't the only perpetrator). They invest a lot of time and effort in implementing the "Give Respect Get Respect" campaign at juvenile level, but then seem to turn a blind eye to it on big match days like yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Corcaigh84

Kind of what I was trying to get at. This word 'passion' gets thrown around a lot, but sitting behind him in the stands was quite embarrassing to watch. He seems to have a hard time coping with the fact that he's not a player anymore, judging by the amount of time he actually spent on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Hamstrings59

Dan always likes to get noticed, entertainment at least!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,813 ✭✭✭lertsnim

There's always something about Waterford that people like to moan about. People moaned about Davy when he was manager. They moaned about Mullane fist pumping etc etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Does this mean Dan the Man will win manage Waterford to an All-Ireland so?

Dan's book is excellent by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

eigrod wrote: »
    I too thought he was way over the top yesterday. He was in the linesman's face for almost every single line ball that occurred on his side and it definitely influenced the linesman a couple of times (once which, ironically, lead to Waterford's goal when Cork messed up the line ball after Gavin overturned the linesman's decision).

It's one aspect of the GAA that is really annoying (Shanahan isn't the only perpetrator). They invest a lot of time and effort in implementing the "Give Respect Get Respect" campaign at juvenile level, but then seem to turn a blind eye to it on big match days like yesterday.

Agreed. We'll have a championship full of Davy Fitz's soon - people screaming in the official's faces. and they wonder why they can't get young referees.

Fitz should have been sent off 10 times over in his managerial career, and he could have no cause for complaints. I was sitting behind the dugouts lasy year for one of clare's championship matches and could hear word for word what he was screaming, and I mean screaming, at the linesman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

lertsnim wrote: »
    There's always something about Waterford that people like to moan about. People moaned about Davy when he was manager. They moaned about Mullane fist pumping etc etc.

I happened to like Mullane and Shanahan as players, particularly due to the passion they showed (and no little skill). I just think mentors should not be permitted to chase and harangue officials up and down the line, no matter what County they are from - and Shanahan was definitely doing that yesterday.

Advertisement