Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer of Account holder

Options
  • 25-05-2014 9:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,221 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Just wondering if its possible to get an account switch back to the previous holder on here...

Basically i've left my apartment(lease was up) and i'd like to transfer the account back to the landlord name etc...Thing is i'm way for the next few days and won't be able to contact the 1850 number to do this over the phone, as the account is in my name i'm the only one able to do the transfer, correct?

Cheers in advance for ye help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Electric Ireland: David

Hi A_Sober_Paddy,

Thanks for your post.
    Just wondering if its possible to get an account switch back to the previous holder on here.

Yes, that should be no problem. All the information you need to provide is detailed here. If you send us your account information by PM we can look after this for you.
    as the account is in my name i'm the only one able to do the transfer, correct?

It's recommended that you do; however, a landlord or letting agency can close the account on your behalf. For example, if they are opening an account in a new tenant's name, this would automatically close your own account.

The only exception is where a gas account is being opened; only the incoming customer registering for the account can open it (a third party such as a landlord or letting agency cannot do this on their behalf).

If you have any other questions we'll be happy to help.

Regards,
    David

Advertisement