Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Latest handbag 2014?

• 25-05-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi,

I am wondering what is the 'must have' designer (within lower price range) at the moment.
    I have been considering the Michael Kors Jet Set Tote in black, has Michael Kors had its day or is it still on trend?

Any other reasonably priced designer handbags that are in fashion?

It would be an investment piece.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

I would not consider a Michael Kors bag to be an investment piece - they are far too common these days and there are fakes all over the place (took a walk through the Liberty Market last Saturday). I think the brand has become the new Guess in Ireland (no offence to anyone who has these bags but every second person seems to have them).

I would recommend a plainer bag with a not so visible logo if you want it to last - TK Maxx have had a good range of Modalu bags which are nice quality and don't scream "current trend".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

I wouldn't consider Michael Kors an investment piece either. I do like MK and the jet set bag is nice but you will probably see lots of people with it. Marc by Marc Jacobs would be around the same price and you might find something a bit more unique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

To be honest, MK bags are nice, but not quality enough to be an investment piece.

I've bought two Vivienne Westwood full leather bags in the last few years. The quality is superb and they are fairly timeless in style. At the same time, they're slightly unconventional too.

At a minimum try to find an all-leather handbag, inspect the stitching & seams and get a feel for what quality is like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Every second girl has a Michael Kors bag, Seen some lovely DKNY bags in BT2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Looking for an 'on-trend'/ fashion piece as an investment is a bit of an oxymoron.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 melissa16

I've just bought a Tory Burch handbag. Very good quality and a lot more subtle than michael kors.
    Or a coach bag!!

Advertisement