Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Laser resurfacing for Scars

• 25-05-2014 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Hi all,

I had a not so common cosmetic surgery over a year ago. This was a revision surgery after the first one left me badly scarred. the scar now is minimal but I assumed last would help soften the area. Anyway for about the past 8 months i've been getting laser on the scar with little to no results. I'm going to a very reputable clinic. The woman I see is polish & while her english is good, I don't seem to be getting my point across that she's missing parts of the scar and that the laser itself is not doing anything.

Second last time I was there I decided to write down the name of laser. Did some googling & found it not to be that popular. Dare I say even a little dated for this day and age. Rewind to my last session, I spoke with the clinic manager and expressed my thoughts. She was ok about it but I felt like she was slightly patronizing. I informed her I went to two other clinics for consultations on different lasers. The laser I want is a C02 laser, which they have but refuse to use on me. While the other clinics I had the consultations with have no problem using this laser. I asked her why. Her reply was they're not the ones treating you. and the that laser may burn the skin too much. I found this perplexing as I know people have laser resurfacing over their entire face, so why won't the just use it. She didn't give me much of a reply. It's just been so long & i'm sick of not getting any results. I feel as though they are ripping me off. My next appointment is this coming Saturday and i'm seeing the owner who is a surgeon and can also use lasers etc. Does anyone have any experience with this. He is probably going to tell me the same thing, I can't use that laser. I feel my case is valid for its use. What can I say if he says no, should I just go elsewhere. I have spent thousands in this clinic. Do I argue my case or let it go? I feel more comfortable speaking to him as i know him from going there & english is his first language. With the polish girl, it's like she understands but not fully.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 56 ✭✭NickyL

Hi Petes32,
    Unfortunately laser results vary from person to person and can't be guaranteed. I do, however, think you should speak with the owner who might be able to do something for you with the other laser.
    What type of laser have they been using?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 petes32

they've been using the Pearl laser. I want the fractional C02 laser which they have. I figure if i'm getting zero results with that it's time to move on to another one. the pearl in my opinion is dated. the best way I can describe the beam, is the tip of a pen, it's just one point. Where as the C02 has a number of beams so will hit more points on the scar that the Pearl is missing each time.

Advertisement