Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Travelling alone to Canada

Options
  • 25-05-2014 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys, I am currently planning my trip to Canada, have my IEC Visa and myCIC details sorted. I am currently holidaying in the US and would hope to fly in to Toronto mid June. Can anybody recommend some good, cheap hotels/hostels that they have stayed in before looking for a place to live. I am travelling alone and it is the first time I have done this so any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks :-)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39 james182

HI hostels usually have good deals for travelers. They also give discounts on other things like Greyhound buses, and museums.

You can bunk with I think like 4 people in one room if you'd like to save some money, but the place is quite affordable and the place is nice and clean.,

• Registered Users Posts: 8 ettiecol

james182 wrote: »
    HI hostels usually have good deals for travelers. They also give discounts on other things like Greyhound buses, and museums.

You can bunk with I think like 4 people in one room if you'd like to save some money, but the place is quite affordable and the place is nice and clean.,

Any chance you've traveled from the US to Canada? Left booking my flights a bit late and now they are coming up really expensive and was considering taking the bus, would be 3 times the journey time at a third of the cost!
    Thanks for your last response, HI Hostel and Canadiana seem to be the hostels to go for

I did go to the US once (NY and New Orleans). Where are you heading off to? I'm in Vancouver, my buddy goes to the states every weekend to see his girlfriend in Seattle and he takes the bus all the time so it shouldn't be that expensive.

Oh yeah the HI gives out discount cards on Greyhound buses- 10 or 15% i'm not sure.

I did go to the US once (NY and New Orleans). Where are you heading off to? I'm in Vancouver, my buddy goes to the states every weekend to see his girlfriend in Seattle and he takes the bus all the time so it shouldn't be that expensive.

Oh yeah the HI gives out discount cards on Greyhound buses- 10 or 15% i'm not sure.

I'm in St. Louis at the moment and trying to figure out the best way to get to Toronto. Also don't know how I would go about getting my work permit by going by bus. Do you need to be a HI member to get discounts? Can't find how to join outside of being a Canadian resident

I looked it up it says you can get it online by going to hihostels.ca and then to HI membership and discounts.

Check this out!

• Advertisement

I looked it up it says you can get it online by going to hihostels.ca and then to HI membership and discounts.

Check this out!

Thanks, I'll check it out again, think there is an emembership you can get so I'll do more research. Thanks for all your help

No problem! Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

try the 'Name Your Price' option on priceline.com
    You put in how much you are willing to pay, and they try to get an airline to take it.
    You just enter the departure airport and arrival airport and date..
    You can end up with a flight departing between 6am & 11pm with a maximum of 1 stop over with the stopover being no longer than 3 hours.
    (they were the terms last time I used it)

If your flexible on time then its definitely worth a try.

try the 'Name Your Price' option on priceline.com
    You put in how much you are willing to pay, and they try to get an airline to take it.
    You just enter the departure airport and arrival airport and date..
    You can end up with a flight departing between 6am & 11pm with a maximum of 1 stop over with the stopover being no longer than 3 hours.
    (they were the terms last time I used it)

If your flexible on time then its definitely worth a try.

Thanks but I've decided to go by bus and see how that goes! That will def be an option for next time I travel though so thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 curry2014

Does anyone know anyone know about getting a red seal / journey man cert for a shuttering carpenter in Edmonton Alberta , I've been offered a job but no formal qualifications but do have over 9000 hours experience and can it be done here ?

Many Thanks

Not sure how to start a thread so not sure if I'm in the right place
    So sorry if I'm in the wrong place

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭breghall

Curry2014, you start a new thread by hitting "New Thread". It's on the LHS on top of all the threads (above the stickies)

Don't keep posting the same question in several different topics, it's frowned upon and very annoying.

Ok sorry for that . Never used it before

I can't see anything with new threads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,599 ✭✭✭sashafierce

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement