Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neck protection

Options
  • 26-05-2014 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I ordered and received the Orca Wetsuit from Wiggle and firstly I am very happy with it. performs well, fits perfectly and isn't bad to look at.

But when I took it out for a swim in the ocean I had to stop shortly into my swim as my neck was very sore due to being exposed to the cold water.

is there anything I can wear to protect my neck without breaking the bank?

thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Hi all,

I ordered and received the Orca Wetsuit from Wiggle and firstly I am very happy with it. performs well, fits perfectly and isn't bad to look at.

But when I took it out for a swim in the ocean I had to stop shortly into my swim as my neck was very sore due to being exposed to the cold water.

is there anything I can wear to protect my neck without breaking the bank?

thanks!

Was it sore due to the cold or friction from the suit? Either way a load of vaseline on the neck might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

griffin100 wrote: »
    Was it sore due to the cold or friction from the suit? Either way a load of vaseline on the neck might help.

Thanks Griffin for the advice.

it was definitely due to the cold water, not any friction.

Would wearing a rash guard help this in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,827 ✭✭✭griffin100

Would wearing a rash guard help this in any way?

Dunno, never used one or seen one in a tri that I recall (I had to google what it was:)).

Just wondering has anyone ever had the same problem?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭EC1000

Just wondering has anyone ever had the same problem?

Never at the neck myself. I really feel the cold in my forehead and hands. Vaseline might be worth a shot as suggested above. I've done triathy the last few years and the water temp is generally fine though with just the wetsuit so hopefully you will enjoy it.

EC1000 wrote: »
    Never at the neck myself. I really feel the cold in my forehead and hands. Vaseline might be worth a shot as suggested above. I've done triathy the last few years and the water temp is generally fine though with just the wetsuit so hopefully you will enjoy it.

I might give it another shot today. Thinking its something I could get into so hopefully this doesn't keep me back. Thanks

Advertisement