Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€1500 Budget gaming desktop

Options
  • 26-05-2014 12:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

€1500 Gaming build
    Hi all, first time building a desktop and owning one when it is made. I just want to make sure that my parts go together and that it is cost effective. Or if there are more ideal parts that could better the performance or components to change.

1. What is your budget? [€1500~]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming, LoL, BF4, Dark Souls just to name a few.]

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [No]

4. Do you need a monitor? [Yes]

5. Do you need any of these peripherals? Keyboard/Mouse [No]

6. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Maybe]

7. When are you purchasing? [ASAP]

8. What website are you looking at? [Hardwareversand]

9. Should the desktop cost reach closer to, or away from the budget? [ close as it can to the budget]

10. Why is there no power supply listed in the build? [Im not sure what one I need]

First draft of build:

Zalman Z11 Plus Midi Tower - schwarz, ohne Netzteil
    57,42 €

Intel Core i5-4570 Box, LGA1150
    169,51 €

ASUS SABERTOOTH Z97 MARK 1, Sockel 1150, ATX
    203,60 €

16GB-Kit HyperX FURY Black 1866MHz DDR3 CL10
    133,40 €

AOC e2495Sd
    135,19 €

Kingston HyperX 3K 120GB SSD SATA 6Gb's
    73,12 €

WD Red RD1000S 2TB SATA 6Gb/s 64MB
    86,90 €

Cooler Master Seidon 120V Watercooling System
    44,90 €

Conceptronic 300Mbps 11g WLAN PC Express-Card
    24,55 €

Samsung SH-224DB schwarz
    13,37 €

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 GHz Edition WindForce 3X, 3GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort
    469,42 €

Total cost
    1.411,38 €

Any suggestions would be helpful.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Ok first things first get familiar with Geizhals.de discount site attached to hardwareversand.de

keeping the Gpu. Is a nice one.

Motherboard-. Lose that motherboard. (Waste of money overkill)
    Asus Z97 A = 125 euro. Now with them savings bump your

Cpu -up to an I7 4770 k

Case-The case( better ones out there) fractal design r4/nanoxia deep silence one. 90 euro.

Ram-All that ram(8 gigs is enough) 65 euro.

Hard drive-Get a crucial 240 SSD for 80 euro. Twice as much storage for a few euro more.

Power supply, be quiet 7 system power 600w silver rating.. 65 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

That monitor has no hdmi? You are aware of this?

you can get an LG 24 inch "ips" for a few euro more.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Animasian

Thanks sterlingarcher for the feedback, it was very helpful. I made the changes as you suggested, and am starting to see why its better.

Was also a good thing you pointed out about the monitor, guess I should be more careful to read the specs clearly.

Have you any bad experiences with the brand crucial as an SSD?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭frozenfrozen

You should look into running a long ethernet cable or using powerline adapters over wifi unless you absolutely need wifi connectivity IMHO. Any reasonable distance for wifi would be better served even with a ridiculously long ethernet cable. Cat6 specs say 700 feet, that's 200 odd metres. Up to you though.

Crucial are popular for ssds at the moment, I haven't heard anything bad about them. Price / performance they're great at the moment.

Advertisement