Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From offer to completion - what's the average time?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 7:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

I keep hearing about sales taking up to 3 months and indeed when we bought in 2001 in Ireland it did take that long but it was because the house was in probate. What's the general rule of thumb - especially if you aren't in a chain?

Why does it take so long?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭jon1981

My experience:

We weren't in a chain. From offer to close date it was 2 months or so. I guess it depends on banks, valuers, solicitors and the vendor themselves. Assuming there are no delays on any of those fronts I would think 2 months is reasonable.

We also had a very good broker that drove things along and the mortgage application was 100% with no issues, the surveyor didn't yield anything major that needed further discussions or legal considerations, our solicitor was proactive in chasing the vendor solicitor for the contracts, also it helped that the vendor wanted a prompt move.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭BattyInNZ

Thanks for that. 2 months seems pretty okay.

Advertisement