Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monday Night Raw 26-5-14

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Well my decision to stay awake has proven to be a poor one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Bryan's fire was fantastic, I clapped like a giddy seal. The Brie thing gives him an out and adds fresher flames to a potential rematch, but I legit tap out on any Bryan/Authority angle.

Jesus, remember a wrestling product that wasn't reliant on corporate big-bads to give the product some welly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Awful is right. So if DB chooses the belt over his wife's amazing career, he's an idiot because Steph just said that she could strip him of the title anyway. Stupid story is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I like Alicia.

This is how you do a crazy chick gimmick. Take note, AJ.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭seandotcomm

Alicia is the biggest heel ever. next they'll bring back Zack Gowen so she can push him down some stairs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,225 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Segment of the year. She's fecking nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

Alicia is the biggest heel ever. next they'll bring back Zack Gowen so she can push him down some stairs

I feel bad that this post genuinely made me laugh out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Poor Sandow.

the true measure of these next generation consoles will be whether the PS4 and Xbox one can faithfully recreate Adam Roses' entrance in WWE 2K15

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

the true measure of these next generation consoles will be whether the PS4 and Xbox one can faithfully recreate Adam Roses' entrance in WWE 2K15

They'll be able to utilize GPU resources by not having to animate the crowd.

They'll be able to utilize GPU resources by not having to animate the crowd.

BAHAHAHAHA

Thanks Cole for the reminder that Smackdown is just practise for Raw matches

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭TGJD

I had forgotten del rio existed.

but.. how is someone gona get put through the contract signing table now?!!?

HHH must wreck his hand when he's taking down a wall.

• Advertisement

as someone with a degree in specialfx and prop making I find it incredible that they don't have HHH use a "gimmicked" Sledgehammer with a rubber head for those type of attacks. It's seriously lame looking when he just covers it with his hand like that... it's just so blatantly fake.

not that if they had a fake hammer they should be taking big swings of it to the head like it's the all Ireland Hurling Finals but at least he could stop covering it with his hand like that. It's always crap lookin

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

rovert wrote: »
    This show is going to be a load of balls:

Current Creative Malaise x knackered Wrestlers from a Transaltantic flight from a long European tour x Memorial Day so the writers won't try as the ratings will be low

YAY I WAS RIGHT

Hyped for NXT Takeover. Payback not so much.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Okish raw in parts. The Wyatt/Cena segment was better because it was different to the same oul Wyatt ****.

If Bryan drops the title now they've really made it into the worst storyline of all time. Why not just do it on Raw?

The only way it's salvageable is if the injury isn't as bad as is being made out and something big happens Sunday to buy him some time.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Jesus...I know I should like The Shield vs Evolution but for a story that constantly has HHH screaming "Evolve or Perish", the plot hasn't moved at all in over a month. Yet again, we get another "I signed you", "We're gonna kick your ass", BRAWL! segment. Should be a great match at the PPV but really hope the feud ends there.

Cena vs Wyatt at least added King and JBL in briefly; it gave the illusion something different was happening.

And Bryan vs Steph also was stalling till the PPV, but at least it gives people a new reason to watch the PPV on Sunday.

Otherwise, grand. Sheamus vs Cesaro was fantasic in Dublin and that was a house show so cant wait for that. Hair vs Mask is fun although we know who is losing there. Rose looked good.

It was an ok show but desperately needs to move some plots on in a meaningful way now...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Lots of people are fanficing the idea of some type of Adam Rose/Leo Kruger hybrid type thing after here showed his vicious side:

Also Becky's faces backstage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

GOD I HATE HIM ALREADY !

GOD I HATE HIM ALREADY !

Don't be such a lemon! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Blue_Dabadee

I think Bo Dallas should be like a cult leader and lead a stable similar to CM Punk's Straight Edge Society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Awful is right. So if DB chooses the belt over his wife's amazing career, he's an idiot because Steph just said that she could strip him of the title anyway. Stupid story is stupid.

This storyline is coming off as the stupid excuse to keep Stephanie on screen that it is. The feud with Bryan should have ended when HHH re-formed Evolution and started feuding with the Shield. The sad thing like with all Stephanie storylines is we're not going to get a worthwhile payoff. Vince and Shane [in fairness to Shane though he knew when it was time to get off the screen] over stayed their welcome a few times but the payoff was worth it in the end because they bumped their asses off to put the guys they were feuding with over. God Bless Vince because he was doing well into his 60s. Stephanie [every other promoter who wants to be a star] has no excuses not to take any actual bumps.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I wouldn't mind seeing Steph on tv if she wore those short shorts from WM.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Brie Vs. Steph the plan for SS?

Alicia Fox is great

Angron wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind seeing Steph on tv if she wore those short shorts from WM.

And she kept her mouth shut.
    JP Liz V1 wrote:
    Is Brie Vs. Steph the plan for SS?

They have a plan? They might as well just get the match over with. Its going to suck anyway [Brie is not great of a wrestler and its going to be obvious that she'll be protecting Stephanie in match] so they should get it over with ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Line of the night surely has to go to Cody Rhodes when he called Batista a ''skinny jeans sellout'', i laughed at that when i probably shouldn't have :pac:

Stephanie and Brie in a supposedly meaningful match is probably one of the worst ideas imaginable. Brie can't act or wrestle. Is the 'uglier' of the 2 twins. Stephanie can't wrestle.

Oh the potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

CSF wrote: »
    Stephanie and Brie in a supposedly meaningful match is probably one of the worst ideas imaginable. Brie can't act or wrestle. Is the 'uglier' of the 2 twins. Stephanie can't wrestle.

Oh the potential.

It's car crash television at it's finest. The WWE Creative Team really need to be smacked upside their heads. I wonder who the ''genius'' was who came up with the idea that if Daniel Bryan didn't surrender the WWE World Heavyweight Championship by Payback, Brie would be fired, WWE logic :pac:.And Stephanie doesn't have the same fire as Vince when it comes to saying You're Fired.

• Advertisement

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    It's car crash television at it's finest. The WWE Creative Team really need to be smacked upside their heads. I wonder who the ''genius'' was who came up with the idea that if Daniel Bryan didn't surrender the WWE World Heavyweight Championship by Payback, Brie would be fired, WWE logic :pac:.And Stephanie doesn't have the same fire as Vince when it comes to saying You're Fired.

Like I said previously, its just a stupid way to keep Stephanie on screen.

Its probably more likely they'd have Bryan choose Brie and when he hands over the title, Brie kicks him in the nuts. Her and Stephanie celebrate and walk off while Bryan continues to look like the b**** he is in kayfabe.

Its probably more likely they'd have Bryan choose Brie and when he hands over the title, Brie kicks him in the nuts. Her and Stephanie celebrate and walk off while Bryan continues to look like the b**** he is in kayfabe.

That is actually a better scenario than the one that is likely to unfold.

In this era it wouldn't work though. Not with them being a real life husband and wife and the existence of Twitter/Instagram and the likes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    And Stephanie doesn't have the same fire as Vince when it comes to saying You're Fired.[/SIZE]

It seems to change every time, from her trying to put her own spin on it to flat-out trying to ape her auld-fella's guttural version.

I actually enjoyed RAW last night. Mind, I've long since conceded that a 3 hour RAW can ever be consistently brilliant, but Bryan's fire, Evolution actually looking like a stable worth facing and the IC/US scenes overlapping and actually being of consequence negated the forgettable stuff that makes you question why you stay up on a Monday night/Tuesday morning for this stuff.

Oddly excited for Big E. and Rusev. Well, I'd be properly excited if not for the inevitable decking of Langston before he sinks lower down the list of priorities 'til someone remembers him next year, but I'll take it for the moment. I do wish Rusev had more than one facial expression, mind; chap looks bored out of his mallet more than, what I'm guessing, the intended unfeeling machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

I doubt Steph would wrestle, I hope they would pick one of the divas to use like Kane is being used.

CSF wrote: »
    That is actually a better scenario than the one that is likely to unfold.

In this era it wouldn't work though. Not with them being a real life husband and wife and the existence of Twitter/Instagram and the likes

It wouldn't work now because we would see them acting like they hate each other on RAW and then happily married on Totally Divas.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    It wouldn't work now because we would see them acting like they hate each other on RAW and then happily married on Totally Divas.

That too, although you could avoid that by not having him on that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

WWE is just very meh right now.

There's nothing to get excited about really.

Of course that could all change with something unexpected or surprising at Payback.

But really it's probably going to carry on at this ebb til around MITB when things pick up a bit again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

What happened at the beginning just before Kane chokeslammed Brad? Steph and HHH reacted to something off camera that made them smile

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ape Lincoln

Moneymaker wrote: »
    WWE is just very meh right now.

There's nothing to get excited about really.

Of course that could all change with something unexpected or surprising at Payback.

But really it's probably going to carry on at this ebb til around MITB when things pick up a bit again.

Agreed. Probably in part due to the Post-Mania lull, Daniel Bryan's personal issues as well as being lumbered with Kane and underdeveloped roster in terms of stars and meaningful feuds.

As someone on Review-a-Raw said, NXT this week is more enticing than Payback.

Brie can quit and let Bryan keep his title

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,313 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So what instructions do you think Alicia Fox is given these days? It does seem random and as if she's looking for stuff to do, but surely she's told who she can attack apart from the fans she confronts. Just so long as she doesn't choke someone with a tie, obviously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

I doubt Steph would wrestle, I hope they would pick one of the divas to use like Kane is being used.

I wouldn't be totally shocked if they were ever to do Brie v Steph. Would it be any good? Of course not, but someone more important may think it do some business, heck they have done worse to pop a buyrate.:pac:

She should pick Nikki Bella but Steph mentions in an interview she is training so more likely she will face Brie herself

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/wwe-live-video-hulk-hogan-3568491

Advertisement