Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 3 Week 8 Results

Options
  • 26-05-2014 9:34am
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Titans beat the Vikes but it was a tough job, Johnson got about 30 yards on the ground and i couldnt stop AP.
    I
    t was 20-17 i think to me when i was 4th and 1 about their 40, i knew i wouldnt get a FG so i went for it and got stopped in the back field, the Vikes were driving inside the 2 min warning and i was getting worried then.. i picked off a pass but no it was called back for defensive pass interference!

On 4th and inches they went pass and i picked it off and then drove for the game securing TD with about 20 seconds left

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Played the LA Dreams and won like 45-17...it was close till the end until I got 2 picks and returned then to within their 20 yard line!

8-0 for the season, colts up next!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Colts beat Lions, Texans next......sigh

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Saints beat the CPU Panthers 38-6. Andrew Luck spent most of his time running the read option :pac: The game clearly doesn't take into account the fact that Newton is no longer than Carolina QB.

Horror run coming up for the Saints now, with human games against the Eagles, Redskins, Buccaneers x2, Falcons, Giants and Chargers to come with a bye week thrown in there somewhere.

On the bright side, only one more CPU game left this season.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

When you play the CPU colts he runs a lot aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Beat the Rams.
    Still trying to find a playbook to suit my new look team tho.
    Forte fumbles twice in the game and gets hauled off in the 4th quarter as the hits were flying at that stage and didnt wanna risk another fumble or injury.
    Getting used to RG3 just need to look for the pass for a while instead of bolting at the 1st sign of trouble

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Bengals 39 Eagles 32

Good game here, came right down to the wire. The Bengals seemed to be leading throughout but were never comfortable. In the first quarter they drove down the field and Johnson hit Eifert for the go ahead score.

The Eagles responded but needed to settle for a FG.

On the next drive, the most ridiculous play ever. Johnson drops back, no one is open so he rolls out to the left, avoiding the defensive end, he sidesteps the linebacker and is headed towards the sideline, then makes a crazy throw on the run to the open Giovanni Bernard, who spins around a defensive back before finally being pulled down at the one yard line. Bengals score on the next play.

2 mins to HT, 14-3.

The Eagles expertly march down the field and Matt Barkley hits LeSean mCCoy on a screen for a 31 yard TD. 14-10.

1 min left.

Johnson hits Eifert on a TE streak and a 84 yard TD. 21-10.

The Eagles get one more chance but Barkley is picked off just before HT.

Into the 3rd quarter and the Eagles put another nice drive together, TY Hilton scores, and the eagles go for 2 to make it 21-18.

On their next drive the eagles once again are looking good, but a pass to McCoy is picked off by Curry who takes it the distance and the score is now 28-18.

Into the final quarter and McCoy is in again making it a 3 point game once more. Cinci respond but must settle for a FG to make it a 6 point game.

Barkley is picked off for a 3rd time on the next drive and it looks all but over when Johnson hits Quick for a 38 yard TD on 3rd and 2.

With 2 mins left the EAgles drive again and end up with a TD through Celek.

With 43 seconds left they try the onside but the Bengals recover and that is the game(as Heli would say!)

Good game, could have gone either way. The 3 turnovers were the difference.

Barkley 25/37 370 Yards 3 TD 3 INT Rating 93.2
    Johnson 13/18 292 Yards 3 TD 0 INT Rating 153.9

Bernard 13 for 46 1 TD
    McCoy 12 for 72 1 TD

Hilton 9 for 175 1 TD
    MCCoy 5 for 49 1 TD
    Eifert 5 for 143 2 TDs
    Green 5 for 66

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Was beating the Chiefs before I disconnected from XBL. I reconnected and carried on but then disconnected again. Really annoying because I had a safety and 2 INTs. I restarted and beat them fairly handy although I can't remember the score.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Was beating the Chiefs before I disconnected from XBL. I reconnected and carried on but then disconnected again. Really annoying because I had a safety and 2 INTs. I restarted and beat them fairly handy although I can't remember the score.

Only meant to have one restart against the CPU. :o. But the fact that we have no way of telling this year means that we can't really enforce it fairly.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

The_Gatsby wrote: »

Oh luke :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Raoul wrote: »
    Only meant to have one restart against the CPU. :o. But the fact that we have no way of telling this year means that we can't really enforce it fairly.

Just to clarify I only did have one restart. XBL disconnected and automatically paused the game giving me the message saying that the game won't be recorded. I reconnected to XBL and unpaused continuing the same game because I thought that it might still be recorded since I was back connected to XBL. When XBL disconnected again during the same game I decided to quit and I started a new game later that evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

Ah I get ya now. It doesn't matter anyway. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Chargers 38 Buccs 31

This was such tough game, between the Bucc's D and trying to stop the offense,had to try alotta different stuff on D,was usering alotta different players too.

Bucc's were dominant in the 1st half,just before halftime inside the 2 minute warning,scores 17-14 to the Bucc's the chargers were trying to score just before the half time but they end up throwing a pick inside the Bucc's half,Bucc's use the clock well to add a TD through Curtis I think to go 24-14 up before half time.
    I think the Chargers get a KR to start the 2nd half to make it 24-21.
    Bucc's respond again though and Jackson goes in for a TD to make it 31-21.
    Chargers then may a few plays on D,first Doug Martin was stuffed on 3rd and inches,Chargers drive for a TD.
    31-28
    Then inside the Chargers half the Bucc's throw a screen,I had been usering the safety and had burst down actually guessing it might be a screen,looks like it might be a pick but just goes through the safeties hands and Martin catchs but he's stopped short with about 2 left to go.
    3rd and 2 and again the safety is down,this time he does pick off a ball intended for curtis and looks odd's on a for a TD but Freeman out of nowhere stops him 4 yards short which up being huge as after 3 attempts Chargers had to settle for a FG.
    31-31
    I think the Chargers force a stop again and Crabtree gets in for a TD on the resulting drive.
    38-31
    Bucc's drive to the Chargers 15 but on a pass to the corner the pass is picked by Cox,Chargers run out the remaining clock

Buccs Chargers
    Pass 374 225
    Run 74 88

Recieving
    Bucc's
    R.Curtis 7 166yards 1TD
    V.Jackson 7 96 2TD
    Chargers
    T.Scheffler 6 111yards 2TD's
    K.Allen 4 51 1TD

Really tough game empacher,had to user alot on D and O,with the Chiefs I could somewhat rely on cpu players like Berry,Houston,Bowe etc to make plays or do their job but with the Chargers alot has to be usered be it catching on O or tackling on D(a few times in 1st half your guys just bounced off mine).
    Jackson and Curtis are beasts,very hard to stop,Revis took away Crabtree for the whole game(he only had one catch...and that was when he wasn't matched against Revis) and McCoy was really disruptive on the line.
    You'll be hard stopped again in the NFC.

Advertisement