Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alert applet and list

Options
  • 26-05-2014 10:12am
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭

This is something I'm stealing directly from Planetside2.com's forums but I really really like it as it saves me a lot time to chase down which threads have people responding to me etc.

Basically you have an active script for alerts; you state what you want to be alerted about (new posts in a thread, new posts in a thread you started, people quoting your post, people thanking your post etc.) that updates you every time you come in and while you're on the forum. You can also access the history to see what's been done over time. The closest on boards is either my forums or subscribing to threads but that don't tell me if I got thanked or if someone quoted my post (rather then responding to someone else).

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement