Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Disastrous Customer Service from Eircom

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi WicklowTiger

Unfortunately the solution offered when to you received a call on this is the only option to have this resolved in full. I see from notes that you were not happy with this but until this is followed there will be little else that can be done to fully resolve this issue.

Thanks
    Al

Alan

I have yet to receive a call offering any sort of solution. If you are referring to the call I made three weeks ago where I was bounced around different departments for an hour to be told by someone who really did not sound confident in what he was was saying that I would have to release my number back to the exchange and cancel my service in order to get the product I am being billed for at the moment then yes you are correct I did not proceed with this course of action.

Please have efibre sub removed from my account and have all efibre charges credited off.

I don't have the time to deal with this any more

Hi WicklowTiger

I was referring to the call from Michael, were upon it was recommended that he cease the order & account in full and replace the order.

I will send this on to be completely closed however it's clear was through no fault of your own and I would like to apologise for the level of inconvenience this whole order has created.

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Hi WicklowTiger

I was referring to the call from Michael, were upon it was recommended that he cease the order & account in full and replace the order.

I will send this on to be completely closed however it's clear was through no fault of your own and I would like to apologise for the level of inconvenience this whole order has created.

Al

He did, but said we would lose the number. Of all things I do not want to lose the phone number. So please don't cancel the account just remove efibre and all related charges

He did, but said we would lose the number. Of all things I do not want to lose the phone number. So please don't cancel the account just remove efibre and all related charges

And by the way, there was no call from Michael, that call was initiated by me and took almost an hour to get there.

Hi WicklowTiger

I'll need to look in to how this can be arranged, as soon as I have an update I'll let you know right away.

Al

Update August 2014... Following my complaint to ComReg I received 2 calls from Eircom complaints department. I was on holidays at the time so missed both. On both occasions a voice mail was left stating that the person would phone back the following day. This did not happen on either occasion. No number to call back was left.

Upon return from holidays I purchased a 4g Mobile router and signed up with 3 for a data contract. I'm now getting far superior broadband speeds to what I was getting on the NGB product from Eircom.

Two weeks ago I received a letter from Eircom stating that they had tried to call me three times (definitely only had 2 missed calls) on two numbers landline and Mobile. No missed calls were registered on the landline. This letter was addressed to another person who I don't know. It asked for me to call 1901. Needless to say I was not going through that again!

I then got another letter a few days later referring to an incorrect letter previously sent. Presumably this referred to the name as the rest of the contents were exactly the same, with the exception that a Mobile number to call was included. I've been unable to get through to this number.

At this stage we've decided that a landline is unnecessary for us so now wish to cancel the account completely. Still have not received any credits for services not provided. I expect to have any outstanding balance on this account credited and then please close the account

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Got a leaflet in the door yesterday for eircom fibre... Safe to say I'll be avoiding!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 italiano

Eircom problem are : lack of training for their customer care reps. They use 7 different databases to navigate and its very confusing .employees are promoted not for their capabilities but canvassing is in place.an Indian company is managing Eircom and while the problem it's not racial you may imagine the way the wheel is spinning there. People who worked there for years are all leaving as they feel treates as slaves and they are replaced by incompetent. .I'm not working there but i know a lot about the company and its so sad to see that its sinking. employees must be treated with respect by the management and bu the customers it self.

eircom is a complete joke. how they expect to give a good service when their reps. have to navigate 7 different databases to retrieve customers info? employees are promoted via canvassing. Senior reps are leaving as they feel treated as slaves since tjis Infian company is managing Eircom

Apologies for second post. o thought the first did not go through.

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

Update August 2014... Following my complaint to ComReg I received 2 calls from Eircom complaints department. I was on holidays at the time so missed both. On both occasions a voice mail was left stating that the person would phone back the following day. This did not happen on either occasion. No number to call back was left.

Upon return from holidays I purchased a 4g Mobile router and signed up with 3 for a data contract. I'm now getting far superior broadband speeds to what I was getting on the NGB product from Eircom.

Two weeks ago I received a letter from Eircom stating that they had tried to call me three times (definitely only had 2 missed calls) on two numbers landline and Mobile. No missed calls were registered on the landline. This letter was addressed to another person who I don't know. It asked for me to call 1901. Needless to say I was not going through that again!

I then got another letter a few days later referring to an incorrect letter previously sent. Presumably this referred to the name as the rest of the contents were exactly the same, with the exception that a Mobile number to call was included. I've been unable to get through to this number.

At this stage we've decided that a landline is unnecessary for us so now wish to cancel the account completely. Still have not received any credits for services not provided. I expect to have any outstanding balance on this account credited and then please close the account
    Wicklow Tiger...   Been an Eircom customer for umpteen years now having problems with landline & unable to talk to anybody about issue.... only reply from eircom are computer generated emails stating problem will looked into shortly .. (phone out 9 days now?) & only staff contactable on phone are sales who are only interested in selling new packages/bundles....   Seems like Eircom are a company in meltdown only interested in sales with no aftersales service/back-up supplied....        Steer well clear!

Pissed off....

mf

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

megafan wrote: »

Wicklow Tiger...   Been an Eircom customer for umpteen years now having problems with landline & unable to talk to anybody about issue.... only reply from eircom are computer generated emails stating problem will looked into shortly .. (phone out 9 days now?) & only staff contactable on phone are sales who are only interested in selling new packages/bundles....   Seems like Eircom are a company in meltdown only interested in sales with no aftersales service/back-up supplied....        Steer well clear!

Pissed off....

mf
    Hi megafan, our apologies that you were not able to get through to a care rep, I do not know why you went through to sales. The normal resolve time for a faulty line is 2 to 4 working days s you are well over. Could you PM me with your landline no. and we can have this investigated. Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭megafan

Wicklow Tiger... Been an Eircom customer for umpteen years now having problems with landline & unable to talk to anybody about issue.... only reply from eircom are computer generated emails stating problem will looked into shortly .. (phone out 9 days now?) & only staff contactable on phone are sales who are only interested in selling new packages/bundles.... Seems like Eircom are a company in meltdown only interested in sales with no aftersales service/back-up supplied.... Steer well clear!

Pissed off....

mf
    Hi megafan, our apologies that you were not able to get through to a care rep, I do not know why you went through to sales. The normal resolve time for a faulty line is 2 to 4 working days s you are well over. Could you PM me with your landline no. and we can have this investigated. Tony

Tony only reason contacted sales was in desperation no problem talking to sales but any other issue hopeless.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Wicklow Tiger...   Been an Eircom customer for umpteen years now having problems with landline & unable to talk to anybody about issue.... only reply from eircom are computer generated emails stating problem will looked into shortly .. (phone out 9 days now?) & only staff contactable on phone are sales who are only interested in selling new packages/bundles....   Seems like Eircom are a company in meltdown only interested in sales with no aftersales service/back-up supplied....        Steer well clear!

Pissed off....

mf

Tony only reason contacted sales was in desperation no problem talking to sales but any other issue hopeless.....
    My apologies megafan, what I meant in last post was that you should not have been directed to sales given this was a care issue. I am happy to see line issue now resolved and please let us know if you have any further issue. We can certainly advise on status of your case.
    Thanks for the feedback, I have passed your comments on to tech area involved.
    Tony

My apologies megafan, what I meant in last post was that you should not have been directed to sales given this was a care issue. I am happy to see line issue now resolved and please let us know if you have any further issue. We can certainly advise on status of your case.
    Tony
    Lads, can you take this to a new thread please, nothing to do with my issue.
    Eircom reps, can you please respond to me, see my post below

Any reply please? Need to get account closed at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭miggins

What an absolute mess of a company

Tony
    Lads, can you take this to a new thread please, nothing to do with my issue.
    Eircom reps, can you please respond to me, see my post below

Hi WicklowTiger

To Arrange closure of your account and request rebates for lost service you will bneed to contac eircoms account cancellations team on free phone 1901 - [font=Calibri","sans-serif]When asked please enter your landline number then choose option 2 when prompted and then choose option 4 to move house or cancel a service and then option 2 to remove a service.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al
    [/font]

For the benefit of anyone reading, I did as Alan suggested above, took a while to get through but got through to somebody who finally informed me that all would be cancelled within 24 hours.  Today I got the email below.  Incredible stuff.  And the missus informs me that the line was indeed cut off today.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Dear WicklowTiger

We spoke to you today in relation to cancelling your bundle service with us. As advised, you are required to give 30 days notice to allow us to progress your cancellation.

Please send an email, including your eircom account number and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to phonecancellations@eircom.ie or please write to eircom Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.

Your requested cancellation will be carried out 30 days after receipt of your email or letter.

If you have already sent an email or letter to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on
    [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]1800 503 303[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] and press option 3 to speak to a member of our team.

Kind regards,

eircom[/font]

For the benefit of anyone reading, I did as Alan suggested above, took a while to get through but got through to somebody who finally informed me that all would be cancelled within 24 hours.  Today I got the email below.  Incredible stuff.  And the missus informs me that the line was indeed cut off today.

[font=Arial, sans-serif]Dear WicklowTiger

We spoke to you today in relation to cancelling your bundle service with us. As advised, you are required to give 30 days notice to allow us to progress your cancellation.

Please send an email, including your eircom account number and phone number(s) that you wish to cancel to phonecancellations@eircom.ie or please write to eircom Account Administration Unit, Unit 6B Westgate Business Park, Ballymount, Dublin 15.

Your requested cancellation will be carried out 30 days after receipt of your email or letter.

If you have already sent an email or letter to cancel but have changed your mind, please contact us on
    [/font]
    [font=Arial, sans-serif]1800 503 303[/font][font=Arial, sans-serif] and press option 3 to speak to a member of our team.

Kind regards,

eircom[/font]

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hello WicklowTiger

I have double checked this and I can see your account is now closed. The above instructions you included detail the standard cancellation procedure however your account was closed as per your instructions considering the ongoing issues.

Al[/font]

Hi

I have now received a final bill for in the region of EUR150. Considering this bill covers a period of time when I was out of service, and the only reason I had not cancelled the account was to give Eircom an opportunity to sort it all out, can I have this credited please?

• Advertisement

Hi

I have now received a final bill for in the region of EUR150. Considering this bill covers a period of time when I was out of service, and the only reason I had not cancelled the account was to give Eircom an opportunity to sort it all out, can I have this credited please?
    Hi WicklowTiger

I have sent a request for this to be cleared to eircoms credit management unit. I should have feedback on this within 24hrs however considering the history of issues I highly doubt there will be any objection.

Thanks
    Al

Hi

Hi WicklowTiger

I have sent a request for this to be cleared to eircoms credit management unit. I should have feedback on this within 24hrs however considering the history of issues I highly doubt there will be any objection.

Thanks
    Al
    Thanks

So eventually got a statement with 0 balance, that was last October or so, heard nothing since.  Happy with that, until Friday, when I received a debt collection letter in the post.  Notwithstanding it was wrong (Error 1), it was for €59.99 which is so small an amount to not be worth sending for collection (Error 2) and I had had absolutely no communication in the meantime by way of trying to recover the erroneous amount through normal channels, i.e. a bill asking for the money (Error 3).  This company haven't a clue what they are doing and everyone who pays them (directly or indirectly) is paying for their mismanagement and inability to provide a customer experience that could be in any way defined as acceptable.  I will not be engaging with the collection agency and no further will be heard from me in this matter.  I will be checking my credit rating over the coming months, and will pursue through the small claims court if anything appears.  See attached copy letter received.

So eventually got a statement with 0 balance, that was last October or so, heard nothing since.  Happy with that, until Friday, when I received a debt collection letter in the post.  Notwithstanding it was wrong (Error 1), it was for €59.99 which is so small an amount to not be worth sending for collection (Error 2) and I had had absolutely no communication in the meantime by way of trying to recover the erroneous amount through normal channels, i.e. a bill asking for the money (Error 3).  This company haven't a clue what they are doing and everyone who pays them (directly or indirectly) is paying for their mismanagement and inability to provide a customer experience that could be in any way defined as acceptable.  I will not be engaging with the collection agency and no further will be heard from me in this matter.  I will be checking my credit rating over the coming months, and will pursue through the small claims court if anything appears.  See attached copy letter received.
    Hi WicklowTiger

That is very uprising to hear, According to my records there is no balance - can you please confirm by PM the account number mentioned on that letter? Sincere apologies for this.

Thanks
    Al

Hi WicklowTiger

That is very uprising to hear, According to my records there is no balance - can you please confirm by PM the account number mentioned on that letter? Sincere apologies for this.

Thanks
    Al
    Sent last night Alan

Hi WicklowTiger

Thanks
    Al
    Sent last night Alan
    Thanks WicklowTiger

I have already escalated this to our credit management team and await clarification - as soon as I have an update I'll let you know right away

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement