Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Poster Removal

Options
  • 26-05-2014 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks:

According to the Department of Environment, Community & Local Government, all posters must be removed within 7 days after the election. Full details here.

Pop details here of any election posters left up in your area. Feel free to send a link to this thread to the parties, candidates, (litter warden) etc so that they can take care of having them removed.

I see that they are already in action around Lusk, however, not doing the best job of it. :mad:

tHB

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

make These compulsory for the next Election, and you will get my vote.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭Neil_Sedaka

Make these compulsory for the next election and you will get my vote. :)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

They were taking some down in Swords yesterday evening

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

In Switz (well, in Bern anyway) no posters are allowed on poles or in any place other than standard advertising billboards or temporary local authority billboards. The temporary ones are usually set up in a high foot-traffic area in each town or suburb. But one only per area.

Way, way less waste & environmental impact. Plus you are not looking at candidates' mugs on every damn pole available.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Dublinflyer

It's the cable ties that are left behind that really annoy me, some of the poles in our area are covered in them from years ago.

• Advertisement

Hold off on taking down dem Posters,

Gilmore Statement at 4pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

In Switz (well, in Bern anyway) no posters are allowed on poles or in any place other than standard advertising billboards or temporary local authority billboards. The temporary ones are usually set up in a high foot-traffic area in each town or suburb. But one only per area.

Way, way less waste & environmental impact. Plus you are not looking at candidates' mugs on every damn pole available.

Same in France .
    They put up boards in front of the town hall and schools [ wonder why ? ... ]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

To be fair, they were down very quickly in Balbriggan, from what I could see the place was clear by Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

There should just be a blanket ban on these posters. At best, they're an eyesore. At worst, they're a hazard, either obstructing sight lines along roads, or placed such that they force pedestrians off the pavement.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Still lots in Swords. Quite a few cable ties left behind as well.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I've still got one peering over my back wall, the others have been removed. I don't know who he is, I can only see his eyes. It's a bit like the old Kilroy drawings :)

2jb484h.jpg

I've still got one peering over my back wall, the others have been removed. I don't know who he is, I can only see his eyes. It's a bit like the old Kilroy drawings :)

2jb484h.jpg

Hope that's his nose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭BrensBenz

martinn123 wrote: »
    make These compulsory for the next Election, and you will get my vote.

That would be a start but what about biodegradeable posters? Say, three days of daylight and.....fffzzzzzzztttt!

On second thoughts, with unemployment the way it is, what we need is more elections, more candidates and therefore, more posters.

Posters create jobs for photographers; air-brushers of photographs; cosmetics manufacturers; hair-dressers who still remember the 1980's; Clerys clothes salespeople; printers of air-brushed photographs; the Nobel laureates who compose the text; the oil companies for fuel for Hiaces carrying air-brushed photographs; the drivers and wingmen who drive the Hiaces and, of course, the famous cable tie manufacturers who have been generously conducting experiments to determine the number of decades a cable tie can survive on poles in Irish weather.

In areas generally known as Culchieville, where few poles exist, miles of 3x2's are battered into fields to make frames to carry air-brushed photographs. Only timber sourced from sustainable businesses of relatives is used.

No. Our economy needs a good oul election every few months.

Now, if yiz will excuse me, I'm off to buy an A3 colour printer and a few thousand indestructible cable ties. Always cheaper after elections!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Still 6 of Nessa Childers and 6 of Mulville on Moungorry Way this morning.

So Friday is the last Day, is it OK to post Pic 's Mod ? With locations.

Sure.

[URL="[IMG]http://i60.tinypic.com/2eq7zbl.jpg[/IMG]"]2eq7zbl.jpg[/URL]

OK, I'll start,

Ms Boylan, SF,
    R132, just below Hedgestown school, before you go under the bridge heading South.

I've sent a link to this thread to the Fingal Co Co twitter account. I hope they use it.

FCC have acknowledged the thread. :)

http://8y8jeu.jpg

Ms Boylan, again,this time Church Rd, Lusk outside Jack Browne's.

And the Anti-Austerity Group, opposite Hedgestown School.

http://ilkbi1.jpg

• Advertisement

Well someone is following this Thread.

The poster of Ms Boylan on the R132, I posted is gone this morning.

I wonder was it the Litter Warden, or SF.

martinn123 wrote: »
    Well someone is following this Thread.

The poster of Ms Boylan on the R132, I posted is gone this morning.

I wonder was it the Litter Warden, or SF.

And the one outside Jack Browne's is gone as well, so either This thread is in favour with FCC or on SF's hit list.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Nessa Childers still hanging around mountgorry way! Both sides of the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭alexanderomahon

SF Believe all their posters are down. If you spot any then please contact Peadar on facebook https://www.facebook.com/peadar.ocathasaigh.1?fref=nf or pm me for his number or I will pass a message on.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Two SF posters in a ditch (one on the bypass (MEP), the other (council) near Scholar's Walk direction). AAA one on a lamppost on the bypass, iirc. Labour one at the Rush/Lusk train station and in a ditch (MEP) on the Dublin Road, after the airport towards Swords.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Still a few up around Skerries. Well there was yesterday. I'll have another look today and post pics of any I see

http://2ivmk1z.jpg

Ministers Rd, Lusk, this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

That's the sane one that there are still some up in Skerries too

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

There's a poster up at the back entrance to the Pavilions shopping centre in Swords. I memorised the candidate's name at the time but I've forgotten it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭liam7831

Yawn

Advertisement