Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Election Poster Removal

Options
2»

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

A few brid smith ones near woodies on the r132

• Registered Users Posts: 4,156 ✭✭✭rameire

The N7 at Newlands cross is still full of Paul Murphy's posters.
    must be 10 or so posters,
    SDCC could make some money out of him.

unfortunately the council will not be out working until Tuesday after their late morning bacon buttie and tea, so the posters will prob be down by then.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Maybe best posting in the Dublin County South forum. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭JustAddWater

Loads of cable ties left up on poles around Lucan

Grrrrr.... :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Loads of cable ties left up on poles around Lucan

Grrrrr.... :mad:

We North County Dubliners care not for you West peoples problems!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

Two SF posters in a ditch (one on the bypass (MEP), the other (council) near Scholar's Walk direction). AAA one on a lamppost on the bypass, iirc. Labour one at the Rush/Lusk train station and in a ditch (MEP) on the Dublin Road, after the airport towards Swords.

I wouldn't believe a word SF says. They probably haven't even started taking them down yet.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

5 or 6 Nessa Childers posters on Jugback Lane in Swords still.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭bcmf

There is still a poster of the smug looking FG euro candidate with the whitewashed teeth spoiling the view of Portrane beach.
    Its scaring all the fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Tom D'Arcy still lurking around the r125 opposite bill cullens old garage.

Four of Mary Fitzpatrick's posters on Millers Lane (Hillside). That's €600 right there for the FCC coffers if the Litter Warden is on the ball. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

There was still 1 up for Emer Costello yesterday evening on Station road in Lusk.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,649 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

One for Tom Darcy on the small roundabout outside the Pavillions this evening.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

pinkypinky wrote: »
    One for Tom Darcy on the small roundabout outside the Pavillions this evening.

Still there this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,254 ✭✭✭LeoB

I wouldn't believe a word SF says. They probably haven't even started taking them down yet.

I actually saw 2 Sinn Fein lads take some down the day after the elections in Rush.

There was concern in some quarters that some dirty tricks would lead to someone putting up a few posters simply to cause trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Folks,

I am resurrecting this Thread, as the Posters should be removed by this evening, i.e 7 days after the Election

So as before please list locations where posters are still up, and better still post a picture if you can

Hope the litter warden at Fingal co co follows this forum.:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I have Alan Farrell and a Sinn Féin woman called O'Reilly looking in at me over the side wall and I'll be checking whether they're still there in the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

What about the cable tie's,load's left lying on footpath's and grass verges for folk to trip on,let alone the litter and eyesore nuisance of the one's left on pole's etc.
    They should't even be hanging on utility poles, as the ESB +Open Eir don't give permission for poster hanging on their property on health and safety grounds.
    p.s Dizzy ,I would't want that pair gooing in to my back garden either,it'd wud put me off me tae.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Plenty of Farrell, Reilly, & Shinner posters in River Valley, Forest Rd, & Dublin Rd too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭martinn123

Few Sinn Fein posters, just North of Murtagh's at the junction up to Quickpenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,440 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Sinn Fein's O'Reilly clearly doesn't give a feck about the laws. She was up before the election was called and is still up around rivervalley and swords.

• Advertisement

Darragh O'Brien poster at Miller's Lane/Golf Links Road junction at Shenick yesterday in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭dslamjack

I wonder if any of them will be fined like the advertising company in the story in this weeks Fingal Independent
    A management service provider to the licensed trade has been convicted and fined for placing a 'litany' of advertising posters on poles in different streets in Balbriggan, without permission from Fingal County Council.

Judge Dermot Dempsey convicted and fined the company a total of €800 for sample summons for each month plus legal costs of €650.
    Yes I wonder how many if any of our politcal advertisers will pay a fine,none I bet.

Full Story ...http://www.independent.ie/regionals/fingalindependent/news/firm-fined-for-putting-up-litany-of-posters-34498682.html

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭cbreeze

Darragh O'Brien poster at Miller's Lane/Golf Links Road junction at Shenick yesterday in Skerries.

while his poster is gone from the harbour road skerries his cable tie is still around the ESB pole.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

Election poster from the Shinner O'Reilly still up outside the Carlton Court estate in Swords today. I'm sure even that great mathematician Gerry Adams could work out how many days over the deadline we are at this stage.

Advertisement