Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vendange (France)/general fruit picking summer jobs in Europe

• 26-05-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

Anyone going to do the vendange this year? I did it 2 years ago for about 2 and a half weeks and made a little over a grand, it was sweet! I'm thinking of leaving my full time job in July and just go back to France and do vendange for about 2 months, come back loaded and pay for my university fees :) Vendange is unreliable work though, there is no guarantee you'll get work unless you use Appellation Controlée (which is just a once off, I think), so that's why I'm a bit skeptical, it's risky. Anyone with some experiences, info or tips?

Other fruit picking jobs are appreciated too, but they're harder to find. I managed to get in touch with some people via pole-emploi.fr but never amounted to anything. I met people in France who were picking apples in Switzerland and peaches etc in Spain and also made a bomb (especially in Switzerland!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 391 ✭✭XtotheZ

Sounds interesting

• Registered Users Posts: 4,159 ✭✭✭yournerd

where can i apply?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

turnikett1 wrote: »
    Anyone going to do the vendange this year? I did it 2 years ago for about 2 and a half weeks and made a little over a grand, it was sweet! I'm thinking of leaving my full time job in July and just go back to France and do vendange for about 2 months, come back loaded and pay for my university fees :) Vendange is unreliable work though, there is no guarantee you'll get work unless you use Appellation Controlée (which is just a once off, I think), so that's why I'm a bit skeptical, it's risky. Anyone with some experiences, info or tips?

Other fruit picking jobs are appreciated too, but they're harder to find. I managed to get in touch with some people via pole-emploi.fr but never amounted to anything. I met people in France who were picking apples in Switzerland and peaches etc in Spain and also made a bomb (especially in Switzerland!)

The minimum wage in Switzerland has been raised to eighteen Euro an hour recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The minimum wage in Switzerland has been raised to eighteen Euro an hour recently

That was rejected.

At present, Switzerland does not have a minimum wage. Read here :)

Thanks,
    kerry4sam

Advertisement