Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RASPBMC

• 26-05-2014 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭

I have 2 raspberry pi's running raspbmc which were working perfectly upto friday night. since then the wifi has stopped working. i did a fresh install on both , one using sd card and the other using sd/usb. on the fresh install wifi works even after resetting but if i cut the power to usb when i boot up again wifi no longer works and when i scan no networks are available. this happens with both pi's so i know it is down to raspbmc not the pis. also i saw on a raspbmc forum last night that numerous people have similar problems following a a software update but no answers yet. any ideas.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

hi,

did u ever get a solution to this? same thing happened to my pi. I'm running raspbmc. wifi was working perfectly for months then suddenly stopped.

Is working perfect wired. Now I don't know whether to buy another wifi dongle or if it's something else? I've tried numerous things but no joy!!

I was using the network manager plugin previously which now says incompatible but from what I've read online I don't need this plugin at all and should be able to connect through raspbmc settings. I think this plugin is no longer available anyway.

Chuck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Five Lamps

I have one working on wifi and it's fine. Build is the last August release (not a nightly).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ChuckProphet

Five Lamps wrote: »
    I have one working on wifi and it's fine. Build is the last August release (not a nightly).

does the build matter? did u ever have to install the driver - I'm thinking maybe I need the driver seeing network manager is no longer working but then I thought these wifi dongles were plug and play?

Advertisement