If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

looking for a Bluray player

Options
  • 26-05-2014 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭

Gents,
    I'm in the market for a bluray player, the Philips one I got from you before is being retired to the inlaws.
    Must have BD live, 3d compatible (for projector purchase down the line)
    2hdmi outs would be nice. Colour unimportant, demo model is fine also.
    Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

gman2k wrote: »
    Gents,
    I'm in the market for a bluray player, the Philips one I got from you before is being retired to the inlaws.
    Must have BD live, 3d compatible (for projector purchase down the line)
    2hdmi outs would be nice. Colour unimportant, demo model is fine also.
    Thanks
    Hi G,

Hope you're well :)

How about the Pioneer BDP460 at £169.00?  We're running this in the store at the moment and it's excellent :)

It's also doing everything you need.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/blu-ray/pioneer/bdp450/pion-bdp450

Let me know what you think.

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Looks nice Chris. I'm presuming you made a typo in your post as you said it was a 460?
    I also need 2x budget 2m hdmi cables, 1x right angle HDMI connector, and a right angle coax adaptor such as 
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41wq2llHaYL._SX385_.jpg
    The inlaw's TV is very awkward to get a coax into the back of it..... 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi gman, yes it is a 450 and not a 460.

We have basic HDMI cables which have a right angled head but we don't carry a right angled adaptor for HDMI as we try to refrain from using adaptors etc where possible. We don't carry the right angled coax adaptor either. I can appreciate some are tricky to get at.

I could do you 2 of the basic cables for £16. Normally £14.95 each.

Hope that helps but keep us posted !

ATB

Dave

Gimme a call lads, I need to install before the weekend!

Hi Gman, just to check.

Those cables have a right angled head, but they aren't 3D spec. Are you using this for 3D ?

Cheers

Dave

• Advertisement

Hi Gman, just to check.

Those cables have a right angled head, but they aren't 3D spec. Are you using this for 3D ?

Cheers

Dave

No Dave, cables are for the inlaws install. No 3d there! Basic 1080p transmission is fine!

Received today, speedy as always, however.....
    No remote control, and the HDMI cables are only 1.5m, not 2m as requested, and are too short for my install :-(

Hi Gman, sorry for the screw up !  The short cables are my fault as I focused on the right angled head rather than the length ! Rookie mistake ! We are looking into who packaged up the blu ray and we'll have them hung, drawn and quartered for missing a rather critical component.

We are sending you 2 of the Sanus HDMI Cables FOC and we'll have the remote in the same package. The HDMI cables don't have a right angle but they do have a smaller head and a thinner cable which may work for you.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/av-interconnects/sanus/element-2m/sanu-element-hdmi-2m

Hope that makes up for the mix up !

ATB

Dave

Thanks Dave.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

gman2k wrote: »
    Thanks Dave.
    Hi G,

I'll get Dave to sort this on Monday.

Chris

• Advertisement

Sorry for the delay in coming back to you guys, cables and remote arrived last Wed.
    Cheers.
    Next purchase: Smallest possible Freesat box? Single feed in, no need for any others bells and whistles.
    Thanks again.

Hey Gman, great news. Hope the player is working well for you.

The smallest freesat is the Manhattan Plaza box but it's not one that I would jump at as the menu system is not nearly as friendly as the Humax. 

The Humax HB1000 is also very small.

http://www.richersounds.com/product/digital-set-top-boxes/humax/hb1000s/huma-hb1000s

Let me know what you think.

ATB

Dave

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.