Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for advice from a recruitment agency

Options
  • 26-05-2014 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm currently looking to move to a new job. I work in Software/Web development. I'm not certain what I should be looking for so I think it would be best to meet with a recruitment agency. I've never done this before so I'm looking for two things 1) any suggestions on a good agency and 2) do I just ring up and ask for a meeting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭Mr. Loverman

The recruitment agency definitely won't know what you should be looking for.

They're just sales people, that's all.

You'll get better advice from strangers in this forum.

What did you want to do as a teenager?
    What do you like?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭John_Mc

Peck3277 wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm currently looking to move to a new job. I work in Software/Web development. I'm not certain what I should be looking for so I think it would be best to meet with a recruitment agency. I've never done this before so I'm looking for two things 1) any suggestions on a good agency and 2) do I just ring up and ask for a meeting?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Recruiters work for the client, and will tell you anything to fill a role and get the commission. They do not care about you - always remember that.

There's a development forum here where you'll get good impartial advice from fellow developers.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Peck3277

Thanks for the reply guys. I have posted as you suggested John. I realise it's a pretty long post, probably a bit too much information but I've been in this rut for a while and not sure how to get out of it. Here's the link: boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90556914#post90556914

(I can't post links as I'm too new of a user so just stick in the www.)

Thanks for ye'r help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Your link posted. Makes it easier for others to find.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057217514

Advertisement