Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thailand trip

Options
  • 26-05-2014 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I' travelling to Thailand for 7 weeks, with one week in Cambodia and Vietnam each and was just wondering how much I'll need money wise
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭joeguevara

Not as much money with the current curfew in place in Thailand. Currently cannot go outside from 10.00pm to 05.00am. All public bars, restaurants and nightclubs shut.

Other than that depends on your accommodation. Very basic for €10 per night. Up to €50 for a nice 3 star. Food is about 8 euro a day. Trips such as diving etc can be up to 100 per day. Drink can be bought in 7/11s for buck a beer up to about 4-5 in a bar.

I would estimate €50-80 per day is doable. But you could probably go €25-50, but wouldn't be having too many mad ones or trips on that.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ed_Stephens

It really depends what you want to do and where you want to stay, Cambodia is a lot cheaper than Thailand with backpacker accommodation less than a tenner a night. Eating from the numerous street carts is definitely cheaper but requires you to be adventurous. If you're not fussy about accommodation then that too can be as cheap as you're willing to put up with. Rooms above bars are usually a good 2 star bet. Don't change your money till you get there as you get a much better rate when you are over there.

For me I'd rather have a shorter trip and do it in a bit more comfort but as they say in Thailand - up to you!

Advertisement