Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford Hall - what's it like?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,297 ✭✭✭

I'm thinking of buying a 3-bed semi in Sandyford Hall in D18, close to the Glencairn Luas stop - does anyone have any thoughts on this area/estate? Seemed like a fairly regular estate when we went to view, would obviously be looking to avoid anywhere with anti-social behavior problems or which is very isolated, which Sandyford Hall doesn't seem to be.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,080 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A high rate of home and car break-ins thanks to the Luas and surrounding escape routes across fields on foot, my Sandyford Hall dwelling friend tells me. Other than that, the residents would not be the anti-social type in the main.

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Supertoucher

We rented in that area for a year. Generally pleasant - most residents seem to be younger families. No problems with residents other than the odd party every now and again by a couple of houses down - no anti social behaviour other than the noise.

Unfortunately, someone did try and steal my car within about 3 weeks of being there, although it was a bit more desirable to the average thief than most, and thus more likely to be a target.

Neighbour behind us was burgled whilst we were there and I believe two more had been hit within a year prior to us moving in.

Definitely felt more vulnerable when they closed Stepaside Garda Station.

We may just have been in an unlucky part, but the above was my experience.

Advertisement