Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repacement for Bouncer and Walker

Options
  • 26-05-2014 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

10 month old baby crawling and standing. Wrecking the house. Too big for bouncer since he was 6 months. We have walker but he now screams if you put him in it - which I understand since he's found his independence.

But my question is - what else can you put him in if you need to leave room for a minute or you want to tidy up? Not sure about play pen as I think he would scream the house down. We spend our days following him around making sure he doesn't hurt himself or taking the remote or newspaper off him!

Is there anything else to use for a big 10 month old to give us 10 minutes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭ariana`

A play pen or a travel cot are the only options i can think of?

We used a travel cot up to crawling age. After that we used a play pen on my 1st. My 2nd didn't like being confined so we opened it out and used it as a room divide to create a safe space for him to crawl/explore/play. It was the Baby Dan play pen we had, we had to buy 1 extra piece to use it as a room divide.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭xalot

We have the babylo play pen from smyths, it's lovely and bright and is on offer at the moment (€60).

It folds up easily and can be adapted for a travel cot. I prefer it to our travel cot as there's much more room.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Also use the babylo play pen. We leave a good few toys in it so he happily stays in it if I need to get some things done. We also have a babybjorn babysitter bouncer which he sits in to watch tv etc - his sister was still sitting in it til she was two so got great use from it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Another one with babylo it's brilliant my 13 month old can walk fully and it's literally my sanity.. Highly recommend it.. I've got the balls from ball pit in it and toys he loves it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

cheqered wrote: »
    10 month old baby crawling and standing. Wrecking the house. Too big for bouncer since he was 6 months. We have walker but he now screams if you put him in it - which I understand since he's found his independence.

But my question is - what else can you put him in if you need to leave room for a minute or you want to tidy up? Not sure about play pen as I think he would scream the house down. We spend our days following him around making sure he doesn't hurt himself or taking the remote or newspaper off him!

Is there anything else to use for a big 10 month old to give us 10 minutes?

If he is less than 25 lbs he might like a jumperoo?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

If he can pull himselfup to standing the time for jumeroo is past I think. They use it as a climbing frame. Mine nearly clocked herself doing that. I got rid of it as soon as she started to stand.

How about high chair with a few toys for those couple of minutes?

Or you could get a paddling pool and fill it with plastic balls... A ball pit. The suoermarkets have those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I know some people may not agree with this but.....

We got a baby dan playpen... It's brilliant. Now yes he initially screamed the house down when I put him in it... And I mean roared. But as I needed a few minutes and he needed to be safe. I let him roar and scream. I put him in it with loadsa toys very morning at the same time (9am). For the first couple days I let him scream. And then no more screaming! It's great. He goes in it now and plays happily every single morning for 30min while I grab a shower etc and tend to newborn. He's 18 months now and been doing it since he could crawl. Now if I need to
    Run upstairs to get something or bring the baby down I ask him to go into it
    And tell him mummy will be down in one minute. He walks into it himself and waits till I come down. It's great! And the main thing is that he is safe!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

I was also going to say jumperoo if he is not yet walking....?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We have a babybjorn babysitter bouncer it does up to 29lbs approx. they are a bit pricey brand new €140ish but maybe one of your friends might have one? My 1 year old niece has a fisher price chair which she adores. It was a swing and it converted into her rocking chair. It goes up to 40lbs

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

ariana` wrote: »
    A play pen or a travel cot are the only options i can think of?

We used a travel cot up to crawling age. After that we used a play pen on my 1st. My 2nd didn't like being confined so we opened it out and used it as a room divide to create a safe space for him to crawl/explore/play. It was the Baby Dan play pen we had, we had to buy 1 extra piece to use it as a room divide.

+1 on this. We did the same and were able to create a nice area with plenty of cushions and mats for the expected tumbles and falls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭wicklori

We have a play pen with a gate- Lindam? We leave the gate open most of the time with the result he sees it as 'his den' (he's 14 months). He waves at us and goes in and closes the gate :-) One of the few things my Mother gave us real credit for- that we leave the gate open and he thus 'likes it'. If I need to then I put him in and close the gate (he can't open it!) and run to the loo or whatever. There can be crying when he realises he is restricted but I try putting something different in there- usually kitchen stuff etc rather than toys which captures his imagination.

Advertisement