Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Eurtel" offering 60% discount off calls?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭

I received a call from this crowd "Eurtel or Eurotel". They said they were offering 60% discount to Eircom customers, you stay with Eircom...blah blah..

The call came from a German number.

What's the story?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

Its a legit offer, but can be more hassle than its worth and nothing to do with Eircom

They use something called Carrier preselect ....basically they just route your calls over their computer network by prefixing every number you dial with their code...I wouldnt bother unless you had a very specific requirements.

This type of service was big in the 90s when it was expensive to make international calls

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carrier_preselect

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

I received a call from this crowd "Eurtel or Eurotel". They said they were offering 60% discount to Eircom customers, you stay with Eircom...blah blah..

What's the story?

Hi [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Jim from Cork[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]I have not heard of this company before however I can confirm they are in no way affiliated with eircom. It may be a discount calling card but I would highly recommend investigating this company further before signing up to anything.[/font]

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Calibri","sans-serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭Jim from Cork

Thanks people! 
    I didn't like the sound of it in any case

• Registered Users Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

unless you need to call a particular destination and they offer a REALLY cheap deal to that destination..I wouldnt bother...no real advantage

What's the story?

Hi Jim from Cork

I have not heard of this company before however I can confirm they are in no way affiliated with eircom. It may be a discount calling card but I would highly recommend investigating this company further before signing up to anything.

Thanks
    Al
    No worries eircom: Alan

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

My old man was hoodwinked by them this morning... can he do a u-turn and say no ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

An older but still active thread on these guys in Consumer Issues http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057120156 

fryup wrote: »
    My old man was hoodwinked by them this morning... can he do a u-turn and say no ?
    Hi fryup

I would recommenced checking with Eurtel to see if a contract is in place, if a contract is not in place you only need to contact eircom sales on free phone 1800503303 to request a transfer back.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I think the company the OP is refering to is Yourtel who according to a recent poster in another thread have a call center in Berlin. 

Basic company registration details http://www.askcomreg.ie/erau/yourtel_ltd.0.0.1161.details.LE.asp 

my3cents wrote: »
    I think the company the OP is refering to is Yourtel who according to a recent poster in another thread have a call center in Berlin. 

Basic company registration details http://www.askcomreg.ie/erau/yourtel_ltd.0.0.1161.details.LE.asp 
    Thanks my3cents

Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement