Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best value round-the-world fares ?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

I am planning in doing a round-the-world trip from February next year. Just looking for a starting point. Has anyone booked with the likes of One world airline alliance or similar?. Any recommendations would be great or advice in doing such a trip :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

http://www.skyscanner.net/news/best-round-world-ticket this is old but I'm sure many of these tickets are still in operation. The great escapade with virgin used to be great value. Free unlimited changes which is handy. I recall it being about 30% cheaper than star alliance when I booked about 2 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭mckildare

I booked a RTW ticket through Qantas last year. Did the flight itinerary using the online planner. The flights were there but wouldn't let me book online. I rang the "Dublin" office (in Auckland) who told me it was because a couple of the fares were not allowed on a RTW ticket. After some persistence I eventually got all the flights and for cheaper than the website.

I had a specific timeline so if you know your route and dates it's great to have it all organised, just turn up at every airport and check in with the passport. Never any problems. If your plan is very rough and/or open to change then I think booking just a couple of the major flight is the best way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭roadrunnermick

mckildare wrote: »
    I booked a RTW ticket through Qantas last year. Did the flight itinerary using the online planner. The flights were there but wouldn't let me book online. I rang the "Dublin" office (in Auckland) who told me it was because a couple of the fares were not allowed on a RTW ticket. After some persistence I eventually got all the flights and for cheaper than the website.

I had a specific timeline so if you know your route and dates it's great to have it all organised, just turn up at every airport and check in with the passport. Never any problems. If your plan is very rough and/or open to change then I think booking just a couple of the major flight is the best way to go.

Hi, thanks for your help, did you book though trail finders or somewhere else, any idea what's the difference between one world and the qantas RTW ticket?

Advertisement