Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phishig email

Options
  • 26-05-2014 2:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭

I have just tried to report a phishing email - it claimed that my 365 details were not up to date. I was careful not to include the actual address as a link - I replaced the @ with 'at'. However the email was described as undeliverable as it contained abusive content. There was absolutely nothing abusive in it. 

I have had this exact same issue with another large organisation. What is the point in asking people to report suspect emails if you do not allow them to be delivered?

My main concern was that I had, within the last few days, been on to 365 to add a payee and make a payment. Prior to that I had not used it in some time. It may be co-incidence that I promptly received this spam email, but I find it a little suspect.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Hi looksee,

Thanks for contacting us on Boards.

Please can you try to forward the email as it is to 365security@boi.com, once you have done this we would advise to delete it immediately.

In the normal course of events these emails are sent to thousands of individuals in the hope that someone will respond or open the attachment/link, thus compromising their bank account details. These type of emails should not be responded to or attachments/links opened.

Bank of Ireland never requests customer information in this unsolicited manner these emails are fraudulent and are not from Bank of Ireland.

If you have opened the link within the fraudulent email or followed any of the instructions in the email please contact us immediately by phone, the contact numbers are as follows:

- 1890 365 365 in the Republic of Ireland
    - 0845 7 365 555 in Northern Ireland or Great Britain
    - 00353 1 4044000 if you are outside these locations
    Opening Hours: 8am to Midnight, Monday to Friday or 9am to 6pm on Saturdays, Sundays, Bank and Public Holidays.

If you receive emails of this type in future please forward them to 365security@boi.com

Please also see our sticky here: http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057146223

Let us know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 28,437 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I have forwarded it and it appears to have been delivered

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

Many thanks looksee,

If you need any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks

Nicola

Advertisement