Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting a job in Toronto

Options
  • 26-05-2014 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone, Myself & my boyfriend just arrived in Toronto from Ireland last week. We are very lucky due to the fact we have friends over here so we are staying with them until we get our own place etc.... My boyfriend has started work labouring already, he just seen an add on a website and called the number & started the next morning, however it does not seem to simple for me. I have over 12 years experience working in an office environment in Ireland but when I apply for roles here every company looks for Canadian experience, I would be grateful for any tips on how to get a foot in the door, thanks for any advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭pilgrim pat

Hi have you been on face book Irish and new in Toronto

• Registered Users Posts: 39 james182

Have you tried looking for internships? I would just call a few companies I would like to work for and offered to work for them for free. I think after a few months employers are legally obliged to start paying you so if they like your work ethics you can definitely get your foot in the door this way.

Look up for small businesses they usually need help with office stuff and it's easier to get a hold of the person who is in charge of hiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭nilsonmickey

What kind of working are you looking for? A friend of mine has just advertised looking for some Engineers for mining industry

• Registered Users Posts: 39 james182

One person told me that some immigration firms help find employment for a fee. The jobs will most likely be in food industry or maybe hotels, but that's an options as well.

Advertisement