Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Smart TV

Options
  • 26-05-2014 4:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭

It's not really a computer/not really a tv question..

I'm usng the internet app on the samsung smart tv and everything is going fine - I've 2 tabs, but apart from that - except that I can't open my gmail account. I've double and triple checked my password on my phone but it keeps saying it's wrong. And yes, I've checked the name also. I can't copy and paste to I can't type the password elsewhere and paste it in (to make sure I'm not typing anything wrong, but I can't imagine I woulld type it incorrectly so many times..

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,265 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Do you use 2-step verification on your Google account? If so, go into your account security panel and generate an Application-Specific Password.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

I don't. But I'll give it a try. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

How are you entering text, with a keyboard?

You might try entering your password into a plain text box somewhere, eg the Gmail username box, to see if what you type is accurately being entered into the tv. You might find that a special character is beng entered incorrectly if the keyboard is not setup correctly.

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭nicowa

How are you entering text, with a keyboard?

You might try entering your password into a plain text box somewhere, eg the Gmail username box, to see if what you type is accurately being entered into the tv. You might find that a special character is beng entered incorrectly if the keyboard is not setup correctly.

Thanks. I did try that and I'm nearly certain (it was a few days ago now) that it was all coming out correctly. I'll give it another try.

Advertisement