Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Options
  • 26-05-2014 4:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

my contract with 02 is up on the 24th of January
    should I move to a sim only plan with them

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

there are a few bargains about with other providers, but unless your handset is unlocked you cannot move.
    chance your arm and ask them for your unlocking code. if you get it without charge then great.

but if you have to pay , it will mean it is probably cheaper on their sim only plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

This isn't a Consumer Issue, but before I move this to another forum, I need to understand what you are trying to achieve?

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

there are a few bargains about with other providers, but unless your handset is unlocked you cannot move.
    chance your arm and ask them for your unlocking code. if you get it without charge then great.

but if you have to pay , it will mean it is probably cheaper on their sim only plan.

Just before the thread move...

Xterminator, you don't have to chance your arm in getting the phone unlocked once you are out of contract. It's a legal requirement for the network to provide it if asked. If they refuse, it's much more than a consumer issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 17forgetfuL

dudara wrote: »
    This isn't a Consumer Issue, but before I move this to another forum, I need to understand what you are trying to achieve?

dudara
    what I'm trying to get is move on to a cheaper price plan with out changing my phone

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

what I'm trying to get is move on to a cheaper price plan with out changing my phone

Unlock your phone and get a sim only plan. If you are up to switching networks, 48 have some brilliant deals.

• Advertisement

what'd I wouldn't want is the hassle of topping up
    so what I'm looking for is bill pay sim only

what'd I wouldn't want is the hassle of topping up
    so what I'm looking for is bill pay sim only

48 is a quasi bill pay product. There is a monthly "membership" but you will have to top up [I think] if you go over your limits

eMobile have an all but unlimited deal. Unlimited calls, texts and 15GB data [5GB if you're an eircom customer] for €35 [€24 if an eircom customer]

Meteor have a €20 a month with 200 mins, unlimited texts and 1GB internet.

Three [be careful here] for €20.33 a month you get 350 Flexi-units and all you can eat 3G/4G data and unlimited Three to Three calls.

These are all non commitment 30 day rolling contracts. O2 and Voda seem to be the most expensive. However, Three and O2 are soon to merge so there is a lot of uncertainty as to what business model the new company will take, either expensive O2, uber cheap [and unsustainable] Three or some form of middle ground.

would Tesco mobile be one other option to consider

would Tesco mobile be one other option to consider

I wouldn't but that's just me. It's comparable to the eMobile plan.

However, regardless of which plan/company you choose, you still need to know how much you will be charged if you go over your limits. This isn't an issue with eMobile, Meteor, Tesco [and 48 if The Don deal is chosen] unless you are a massive user of mobile. It will be an issue with the rest.

what about Vodafone I think they have a sim bill pay price plan that only has texts and calls and I think it costs €10.00

• Advertisement

what about Vodafone I think they have a sim bill pay price plan that only has texts and calls and I think it costs €10.00

No. That plan is unlimited calls and texts to Vodaphone customers only. The unlimited calls and texts to any network is €30 which is comparable to the others. However, you only get 1GB data.

Advertisement