Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bulgaria Holiday

• 26-05-2014 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Hi, Looking for a good place to go for a holiday for a couple with nice beaches, restaurants and things to do during the day. would like somewhere with lively nightlife but not so much for clubbing.

I was told about Bulgaria and I think it seems nice from what I've seen online. I'm just wondering if anyone has been there and can advise me on what resort would be best to go to. I heard it was very cheap there a few years ago and just wondering if it's still a cheap place to visit and any ideas on nice hotels/apartments there?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Its awesome. Go for it. Cheap, great nightlife, loads to do. Beautiful old town called Nessebar right next to Sunny Beach (presuming that is where you are thinking of going) that is really nice to spend time in.

My advice would be to avoid all-inclusive unless that really is your thing. There are so many great bars and restaurants in Sunny Beach that eating and drinking in your hotel every night would be a real waste.

I've been to Bulgaria plenty and I'm going to do a bit of a cross-country thing this summer. Happy to help if you have any questions. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 KOB19

Used to spend a month every year in Bulgaria.
    Its an amazing place and if you are looking for lively nightlife Sunny Beach is definetly your best bet. It is very cheap over there, im not to sure what the currency exchange rate from euros to lev is at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Katy_B

Thanks. Yeah wouldn't want all inclusive anyway. Any ideas on nice self catering accommodation in Sunny beach?

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Il Trap

Best to go with some sort of package trip through a travel agent. You could go for flight and accomodation separately but Aerlingus are the only regular flyer to Sunny Beach from Dublin and their fares are absolutely scandalous if you don't book way in advance. Balkan flight from Belfast on certain dates. Wizzair may go from Cork iirc if you are down that way but its probably best just to go for a package.

Advertisement