Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double bale handlers

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jimmy G M

agriman27 wrote: »
    I'd say you'd manage them but it would be a tight weight it'll stick ya to the ground be awkward load. I have a 4355 and I was carring one on the front and one on the back and I found them heavy enough and it was well wilted dry stuff I don't think I'd fancy bring 3 especially if it was wet stuff:confused:

Ok, Thx. You have the same tractor as me just a couple of years newer. I find that it handles the bale on the front and the back no bother. If anything the one on the front is the one that adds the extra sway and bounce if ya know what I mean.

Obviously carrying 2 and certainly 3 bales you need to have your wits about you and taking your time a bit - easier on man and machine. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of carrying three bales on a similar size tractor.

Mite be dreaming a bit but handled circa 120 bales in the last 36 hours and prob will have the same again over the next 36 and 3 at a time is 50% cut in trips. Make about 600 bales per year. Have another tractor with a single handler, but tiz a lot of drivin around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,057 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

I was driving a JD 6600 yesterday. It's a 6 cylinder tractor with front links (but I had nothing on them) and I still had the front tires 2 feet in the air when I hit a bump.

Now with one on the front you have ballast so you might be ok but if its big heavy fusion bales like I had you could be struggling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

jimmy G M wrote: »
    What size of tractor would be needed to handle a double handler? Have a MF 4255, 95hp, 4wd, rated to lift 2400kg at lift arm ends. Loader with bale handler on the front to counterbalance. Would this do the job?

Have double on the back and one on the loader and its a lovely balance on tl 100 which wouldnt be a weighty tractor and did it with a tl80 before and no bother

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭leoch

Ok, Thx. You have the same tractor as me just a couple of years newer. I find that it handles the bale on the front and the back no bother. If anything the one on the front is the one that adds the extra sway and bounce if ya know what I mean.

Obviously carrying 2 and certainly 3 bales you need to have your wits about you and taking your time a bit - easier on man and machine. Just wondering if anyone has any experience of carrying three bales on a similar size tractor.

Mite be dreaming a bit but handled circa 120 bales in the last 36 hours and prob will have the same again over the next 36 and 3 at a time is 50% cut in trips. Make about 600 bales per year. Have another tractor with a single handler, but tiz a lot of drivin around.

would a bale trailer not be handier seeing as U have a front loader and especially when U have that many bales

Have thought about that too, but most of the draws are short so between loading and unloading and having a tractor tied up with the trailer nothing to be gained I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,428 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Have thought about that too, but most of the draws are short so between loading and unloading and having a tractor tied up with the trailer nothing to be gained I reckon.

Its less travelling on the ground imo

Reggie. wrote: »
    Its less travelling on the ground imo

Yeah, I've a multipurpose trailer maybe a 15x8 tipper on the wish list. I'd get better use out of it than just a straight bale transporter. If we get a decent few days nxt week, it'll be pretty much all over for this year, then the humour to buy will go off me again ....... till nxt year.

Yeah, I've a multipurpose trailer maybe a 15x8 tipper on the wish list. I'd get better use out of it than just a straight bale transporter. If we get a decent few days nxt week, it'll be pretty much all over for this year, then the humour to buy will go off me again ....... till nxt year.
    That's what I use along with a bale extension.

Reggie. wrote: »
    That's what I use along with a bale extension.

Ok. I might talk to you on that again when I've a bit of time to do some checking around.

Ok. I might talk to you on that again when I've a bit of time to do some checking around.

I'll stick up a pic for ya

• Advertisement
Advertisement