Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Cocktails in City Centre?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hello all

Just wonder where people feel does good cocktails in the city centre.

I think the Long Island is closed down.

Ta,
    Kaz

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,394 ✭✭✭ofcork

Its open under another name,soho do cocktails as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

The Long Island has reopened with the same management (& cocktails) I think! It's now the Lost Weekend.

Think the name has been changed to Edison now!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Do they do cocktails in the Bodega?
    The Cornstore do them but is €10 a drink the going rate? :eek:

I know they used to do them in the bodega,not sure now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭Eldarion

Soho, Deep South, Suas and Edison all do wide ranges of cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Deep South have a grand selection of 6!
    http://www.deepsouth.ie/menu-wine.php

Can't find Edison online.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Electric have lovely cocktails - 8.90 each

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

32 Malboro Street do cocktails, pricey but nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

brevity wrote: »
    32 Malboro Street do cocktails, pricey but nice.

Have they reopened since the flood?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

The Hub on Anglesea Street. Small menu but €6 a cocktail, €7 for a long island iced tea. Mixed in front of you. Best value in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Kazbah wrote: »
    Do they do cocktails in the Bodega?
    The Cornstore do them but is €10 a drink the going rate? :eek:

9-10 euro in a decent cocktail bar is the going rate for a standard cocktail. The measures will usually be around 50ml of Alcohol while a regular measure is 35.5.

Expect to pay more if getting an Old Fashioned, but then, you get more alcohol in those too... and pretty much everywhere is using woodford reserve now, so you're getting a decent bourbon.

Edison/Long Island would be the best in the city. The Cornstore have some fantastic self-infused liqours in their cocktails.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,286 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

evilivor wrote: »

Don't think so - we tried there about 2 weeks ago and it was still closed. I don't think they are planning on opening again by the looks of it - pity cos it was a nice spot

leahyl wrote: »
    Don't think so - we tried there about 2 weeks ago and it was still closed. I don't think they are planning on opening again by the looks of it - pity cos it was a nice spot

Yeah, they removed the bottle display last month. Doubtful to be re-opening. The lady bartender was absolutely lovely, great service.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,537 ✭✭✭brevity

evilivor wrote: »

Ah balls, didnt realise they shut because of the flood. Awful news for them...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

... Edison/Long Island would be the best in the city.
    The last time I was in there, probably close to a year ago, they had gotten very bad - have they actually improved again now with the new name?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭dj_

JohnK wrote: »
    The last time I was in there, probably close to a year ago, they had gotten very bad - have they actually improved again now with the new name?

I was there a few weeks ago and they were pretty average.

Top 3 for me are Bar Pigalle, 6ix and Electric.

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭Hayden*

:) BDSM do 2 cocktails for €10 Sun-Thurs

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

The Bodega are probably my favourite for cocktails, lots of choice and not too expensive. Voodoo Rooms are lovely and have really cool glasses but your sure to be waiting about 10 minutes for one. I don't like SoHo at all which is strange because I love their food and wines. Never tried Long Island - On the to do list now!

JohnK wrote: »

What did you get there? I have had quite a few of theirs and as cocktail bartenders go, they are the best in the city. Some of their competition winners can be hard to palate, but they make some damn good cocktails.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

and as cocktail bartenders go, they are the best in the city.
    Edison right? I was there a couple of weeks ago and was served by a guy who looked no older than 14. I wasn't served cocktails but rather a couple of beers so I'm not in a position to comment on the standard of their corktails. However, I have heard that the cocktails in 6ix on Bridge Street are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

What did you get there? I have had quite a few of theirs and as cocktail bartenders go, they are the best in the city. Some of their competition winners can be hard to palate, but they make some damn good cocktails.

Before that last visit I'd have completely agreed with you but that night just didn't work in there. It was quite a while ago so I can't remember the specifics but there were 3 of us there and we each had about 3 or 4 drinks. I don't think any of us were particularly impressed with them at the time whereas on previous occasions with the same group we'd have been much happier with what we got. Maybe it was due to the time, usually we'd have been in there much earlier when the place was practically empty but that night it was fairly late and pretty busy so maybe that had something to do with it or maybe we just got unlucky with who was serving us.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

6ix! Really good. Bit out of the way but worth it.

Advertisement