Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Woodwork JC question

Options
  • 26-05-2014 6:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hello, I am just wondering how much marks are going for the portfolio? My one is ****e but my project is good so i am a bit worried,

Cheers lads.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭vcshqkf9rpzgoe

It's worth 10% of the project total

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭searbhonta

It's worth 10% of the project total

Only 10? Am i safe?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Depends what level you are doing.
    For OL, the portfolio is worth 50 marks out of the overall 300 (including the piece you made and the written paper), for HL it is worth 70 marks out of the 300.

OL - Portfolio (50) Realisation (150) Exam (200)
    HL - Portfolio (70) Realisation (130) Exam (200)

Realisation marks are for the item you made.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭searbhonta

spurious wrote: »
    Depends what level you are doing.
    For OL, the portfolio is worth 50 marks out of the overall 300 (including the piece you made and the written paper), for HL it is worth 70 marks out of the 300.

OL - Portfolio (50) Realisation (150) Exam (200)
    HL - Portfolio (70) Realisation (130) Exam (200)

Realisation marks are for the item you made.

I am doing HL. I think i might fail... ****. What would I have to get in the written exam if my portfolio got 0 and my piece got a B?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

searbhonta wrote: »
    I am doing HL. I think i might fail... ****. What would I have to get in the written exam if my portfolio got 0 and my piece got a B?

If you hand up nothing for your portfolio it will get 0, but hand up something so you have some chance at a few marks.

A 'B' piece would be at least 55 possibly as much as 64 marks out of 130, so you would need between 96 and 105 out of the 200 marks on the paper to get an overall 40% (160) out of the total 400.

In short, you'll need about half the marks on the written paper to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 ConorFTW

spurious wrote: »
    If you hand up nothing for your portfolio it will get 0, but hand up something so you have some chance at a few marks.

A 'B' piece would be at least 55 possibly as much as 64 marks out of 130, so you would need between 96 and 105 out of the 200 marks on the paper to get an overall 40% (160) out of the total 400.

In short, you'll need about half the marks on the written paper to pass.

I thought the theory was only 33% of the marks (100 marks)?

Advertisement