Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate vs Student Account

Options
  • 26-05-2014 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Hi,

I am just after noticing that my current account has changed from a student account to a graduate account. I am actually do a postgrad in DCU (I'll be graduating in October/November) so how would I go about getting this changed back to a student account for the time being?

Also, I'm going to Spain next week and just wondering if there are any charges for using ATM in Spain on my account?

Thanks,
    Joe

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sarah

Hi actuar90,

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

In this case, we would advise you to contact the student advisor in your branch and they will be happy to change this back to a student account for you. Please ensure that you bring along a headed letter from your college advising that you are still studying and the dates that you will be on the course as proof of your studies. 

You can find the contact details for your branch here

On a student or graduate account, when using a Visa Debit card there is no charge for withdrawing Euros at an ATM in the EU or EEA, and also no charge for using your card at a point of sale in Euro within the EU or EEA. Details of our fees and charges can be found here

Please notify us of your travel dates prior to going away to ensure continuous use of your Visa Debit card while abroad. You can do this either by calling Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365 or if you are registered for Bank of Ireland 365 Online, you can do this on the Online Service Desk and the Ask a Question option. 

If you need help with anything else please let us know.

Thanks,
    Sarah

Advertisement