Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone 4s screen repair shops

Options
  • 26-05-2014 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭

Anybody know of a good place to get screen fixed in the newbridge area, There is a previous post somewhere but it is a bit outdated. And any idea how much it roughly costs?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,495 ✭✭✭✭guil

Expect to pay anywhere between €50-€80. I got a 4 screen replaced in the shop beside the guard station a few years ago. Think I paid €65.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

The repair shop I previously posted about has moved from across from Anderson & leahy to beside Paprika and the fruit and veg shop. Its almost directly across the road from the O2 shop that's on the corner at the whitewater entrance.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭dave45dave

Buy a screen on eBay and do it yourself. €20 with the tool kit. Will take about 2 hours to do. Did it myself last month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Can't find from ebay €20 with tool-kit
    Best I could find was without tool kit:

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/White-For-Apple-iPhone-4S-LCD-Touch-Screen-Digitizer-Assembly-Screws-A1387-UK-/201169707603?pt=UK_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item2ed6a62253

2 hours seems like a lot of work .. what takes?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭murty01

dave45dave wrote: »
    Buy a screen on eBay and do it yourself. €20 with the tool kit. Will take about 2 hours to do. Did it myself last month

This would be the least costly and most beneficial way of doing it. It's a lesson you'll always have with ya then. Theres even a youtube vid to show ya what to do.

youtube.com/watch?v=q74uQdl7V6M

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Seamus1964

Got all the parts ( new screen ,screws and back glass ) but looks very complicated job for me.
    Can anybody please advise phone-shop or - person who will complete task to replace 4S screen in Sligo or Mayo or Roscommon areas?

Advertisement