Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bread Maker Aldi - How to use

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

No, it does everything, mix, prove, knead, prove, knead again and bake. You just put flour, yeast, water and a few other bits and pieces in, select the appropriate program and come back some hours late to freshly made bread. For rolls or other non-square loaf shaped breads, you can use it to just make the dough, portion it up and form into whatever shape you want and cook in a conventional oven.

I've no idea what the Aldi one is like, but I and a few others here have Panasonic ones, and they're great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

I think I'll take the plunge, its sounds very very easy. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Love the bread maker. Mine has a timer on it that you can set far in advance (not sure if all of them do), and you can time it so that you either wake up to fresh baking bread, or come in from work with it. Also like how you can do pizza dough easily in it for a nice fresh pizza. Good price that, enjoy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

Definitely worth a punt, bread makers are a great way for the unfamiliar with baking (or somewhat lazy) to get into making bread. Very easy and once you settle on a recipe you like you won't go back to the likes of prepacked sliced pans again.

My uncle has one from Aldi or Lidl, got it years ago and still going strong so I wouldn't worry in that regard either.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Danii86

My Mum got this the last time it was in Aldi and i'm now considering getting it this time around. It basically does everything as mentioned in an earlier post. You can make any type of bread in it,and they're are a number of different settings depending on what your looking for. My personal fav is the dough setting, I've use it for making amazing pizza dough, I can never replicate it myself when I do it by hand!! for the price its a very good investment!! Aldi also do a lovely dry bread mix that come out lovely from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone know how you use this?

Do you make bread as normal and is this just like an oven to bake it??

https://www.aldi.ie/en/specialbuys/thursday-29th-may/products-detail-page/ps/p/bread-maker-1/

According to that link it makes rice wine too? Huh? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,486 ✭✭✭✭Alun

BaZmO* wrote: »
    According to that link it makes rice wine too? Huh? :confused:
    A bit of Googling reveals that other breadmakers claim to do this too, also yoghurt!! I'm intrigued.

Advertisement