Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Torn between two mattresses.

Options
  • 26-05-2014 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭

Heya, I've been hunting for a mattress for quite a few months now as I am making the switch to a double bed. I found these two on groupon and grabone, they seem like fairly good deals, and are memory foam.
    They're both good deals on their own,

http://www.groupon.ie/deals/national-deals/gg-zen-bedrooms-3-9/39387128
    this one's great cause it's 20 euros cheaper and claims to react to temperature (which is great as I struggle with being too warm) and has the slight added bonus of coming with 2 pillows. However the memory foam on it is only 2cm, the rest is base foam which I know nothing about.

This one on the other hand
    http://www.grabonestore.ie/trusleep-memory-foam-mattress-20
    works out 20 euros more expensive which is still fine, no pillows (also fine), and has almost 8 cms of memory foam.

Basically I would like to know opinions from people with knowledge on these mattresses, or owners of either or both mattresses. Any feedback is welcome but I would greatly appreaciate it if it was asap as the deals will end in a few days. Thanks :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Taking in to account the profit margin of the "deal" website, both those mattresses are at the price level I would run away from. You spend hours and hours a day in bed, a mattress that the shop is able to sell to you for €100 (that's about all they'll get) is junk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

I would never buy a mattress without trying it, you should lie on it to feel where it supports you.

Secondly I hate memory foam mattresses, I never sleep properly on them, they feel dense and clammy and suffocating.

Thirdly, I know money is hard to come by these days but I would never ever skimp on a mattress, you're going to spend approximately 1/3 of every day lying on it. That can seriously affect posture, joint pain etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

200 for a double mattress is fair too cheap. You need a quality mattress and you need to try the various designs out first. Visit a furniture store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Right, I see where you're all coming from. Money really is tight though so my budget is 250e max unfortunately. I'll give these two a pass, and look for a place that sells affordable mattresses here in my town I suppose. Thanks guys :) so tempting to jump at these offers sometimes.

Advertisement