Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Adeleide insurance cert

• 26-05-2014 7:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭

Adeleide emailed my certs to me but I can't print them out.
    I first tried over wifi and no joy then plugged the printer into the laptop and still the same.

Is it because of the password or what???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

blade1 wrote: »
    Adeleide emailed my certs to me but I can't print them out.
    I first tried over wifi and no joy then plugged the printer into the laptop and still the same.

Is it because of the password or what???

Screenshot it and then paste the screenshot into paint and print that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,453 ✭✭✭✭blade1

goodlad wrote: »
    Screenshot it and then paste the screenshot into paint and print that.

Will do so!
    Is it normal for it not to print documents with passwords?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Alfonzito

I was able to print mine on renewal a couple of weeks ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,031 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

blade1 wrote: »
    Will do so!
    Is it normal for it not to print documents with passwords?

Make sure that the pdf viewer you are using is pointing to your printer not a virtual one, that keeps catching me out and keeps resetting. Once you can view the docs you should be able to print.

No harm in sending a copy to keep on your phone, no idea if it'll keep a cop on the side of the road happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭Wossack

a pdf can have security settings to disable printing, so might have been done (by mistake?)

go 'File' -> 'Properties', and check the 'Security' tab. You'll see the various restrictions on the doc that are in place.

• Advertisement

I turned on the printer there and a sh*t load of copies printed..:pac:
    Thanks lads, sorted now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭peckerhead

Do you ever have trouble starting your bike in the morning? ;)

peckerhead wrote: »
    Do you ever have trouble starting your bike in the morning? ;)

None.
    Bikes good, printers bad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

One of the reasons I left Adelaide - €40 administration fee.... and then you have to print your own documents? Feck away off.

I questioned them one time about this, if someone was stopped at a checkpoint & produced a cert that was obviously printed off on a cheap inkjet (and let's face it, that's what most of us have :p )...

"If you need a proper cert we'll post one out.."

Lot of good as you're sitting by the side of the road watching your bike disappear on the back of a tow truck :(

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭KT10

Bosh wrote: »
    One of the reasons I left Adelaide - €40 administration fee.... and then you have to print your own documents? Feck away off.

I questioned them one time about this, if someone was stopped at a checkpoint & produced a cert that was obviously printed off on a cheap inkjet (and let's face it, that's what most of us have :p )...

Lot of good as you're sitting by the side of the road watching your bike disappear on the back of a tow truck :(

I've produced a printed copy of my insurance cert in the cop shop before with no issue?

And there's no requirement for you to carry a cert so it shouldn't be an issue at a checkpoint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

A cop won't take your bike. You'll get ten days to produce at a station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Bosh

Erm... I can assure you that I, or any of my colleagues, would look long & hard at any inkjet printed cert that was produced either on the road - or at the station.

The point I was making is that it's taking the piss to charge administration fees & then expect the customer to do the admin themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Stainless_Steel

Erm... I can assure you that I, or any of my colleagues, would look long & hard at any inkjet printed cert that was produced either on the road - or at the station.

The point I was making is that it's taking the piss to charge administration fees & then expect the customer to do the admin themselves.

Yeah agree with you, it's a bit cheap of them. But let's not exaggerate it, you're bike won't be taken off you. Just don't bring it with you to the station.

Advertisement