Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stag ideas for Kilkenny this weekend?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Were a small group of lads going down to kilkenny this Fri - Sun for a stag party. We have it booked with stagit.ie and have paintballing and a comedy show with the cat laugs both on the saturday. The paintballing is early on the Sat and the comedy show is in the evening so I am wondering if there would be anything else in the city that we could fit in the afternoon?

Any suggestions welcome... Thanks..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭wilddarts

subscriber wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Were a small group of lads going down to kilkenny this Fri - Sun for a stag party. We have it booked with stagit.ie and have paintballing and a comedy show with the cat laugs both on the saturday. The paintballing is early on the Sat and the comedy show is in the evening so I am wondering if there would be anything else in the city that we could fit in the afternoon?

Theres a bowling alley near the train station. Dunno of much else that ye could do in the city to fill a couple of hours. I doubt ye'd be interested in sight seeing on a stag...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

kayaking, rock climbing are options in kk

• Registered Users Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭Sky King

I presume you're going to the paint balling near The Orchard House? There is a par 3 golf course very close to that, why not get in a round?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

http://www.kilkennyactivitycentre.ie/bubble-soccer/
    Hi folks,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Do a skydive out at the Kilkenny airport? Great way to clear a hangover. Probably a bit late to book it now. But you never know they might fit you in!

Skydive Ireland bought the place recently and it's now their permanent base.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭Hide behind the post

Hi folks,

Cat Laughs Festival .... if sun is out the city will have a great buzz.....few shows or kick back in a beer garden....plenty of 'tourists' down for the weekend to keep you entertained.

No need for activities planned this weekend

folbotcar wrote: »
    Do a skydive out at the Kilkenny airport? Great way to clear a hangover. Probably a bit late to book it now. But you never know they might fit you in!

Skydive Ireland bought the place recently and it's now their permanent base.

Seriously???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 472 ✭✭folbotcar

Seriously???
    Yes, it's a regular thing. Get the poor groom to the airport sometimes blindfolded and drop him! Ok he doesn't jump blindfolded. Stags and hens do it all the time. See it regularly.

didn know sky diving was an option, any chance you could link to the guys running it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

didn know sky diving was an option, any chance you could link to the guys running it

I had a look on their website, from 225 for tandem sky dive, not too pricey.

http://www.skydiveireland.ie

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Saw a few guys parachuting last week alright. Y'all never catch me out there but great news for Kilkenny to have this now.

• Registered Users Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Absolute Zero

Worlds end bar, definatly man.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭cargo

Take the tourist train/car/tractor thingy around the city hotspots. I'm sure it would be a bit of a laugh and a good way to see all the sights for an hour or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Thanks everyone for the replies, only wished I posted this a few days earlier. Airsoft, paintballing,
    and a comedy show booked along with a VIP entrance to one of the niteclubs, not sure which one, ill have to check the itinerary. Not expecting the "VIP" thing to amount to much but however. Staying in the kilford arms hotel... anyone know how stag friendly this place is?

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Most stags stay there so should be alright.
    Thanks everyone for the replies, only wished I posted this a few days earlier. Airsoft, paintballing,
    and a comedy show booked along with a VIP entrance to one of the niteclubs, not sure which one, ill have to check the itinerary. Not expecting the "VIP" thing to amount to much but however. Staying in the kilford arms hotel... anyone know how stag friendly this place is?

Advertisement