Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal de Luxe September 2014

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

I see they're getting setup for this. Anyone seen anything else interesting around town?
    BwmIwsUIgAAs0Gl.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

Anyone know where the giant will be walking, as opposed to being in the chair? Or will it be walking the whole route?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Does the story-telling aspect of it mean you have to follow it along the streets?
    Will I not experience it right by just finding a spot on the route?

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

I see they're getting setup for this. Anyone seen anything else interesting around town?
    BwmIwsUIgAAs0Gl.jpg

WTF my car!

I noticed giant footprints on the footpaths on William St earlier, the power washed type!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

here it is in liverpool a few weeks back...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Anyone know times for this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

The Snipe wrote: »

Friday

friday_map_updated.gif

All info here http://royaldeluxelimerick.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Not sure about the desktop version but I'm on mobile and it doesn't say a time.

Just saw on twitter this this has been seen around town :D

limerickgiant-s-630x420.jpg

BwslC1IIMAE823g.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

http://royaldeluxelimerick.ie/maps

You probably can't see the map A2LUE42 posted either so. It starts at Colbert station at 10am and ends in front of the park at 11:45. Starts again at 3:30 and ends up in the barracks at 7pm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I don't drive so I don't know what streets would be effected, but my dad is having a proceedure in Barringtons in the morning and usually parks the car in the multistorey behind Cruises street. He usually drives in via the Caherdavin side of the city. He'll be leaving Barringtons around lunch time, just wondering if he'll be able to park where he usually does or if he'll need to make other arrangements?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 143 ✭✭brianhickey

I don't drive so I don't know what streets would be effected, but my dad is having a proceedure in Barringtons in the morning and usually parks the car in the multistorey behind Cruises street. He usually drives in via the Caherdavin side of the city. He'll be leaving Barringtons around lunch time, just wondering if he'll be able to park where he usually does or if he'll need to make other arrangements?

They are in that area on Saturday but he may be in the window inbetween shows. I would give the car park a ring to find out their restricted hours.

saturday_map_updated.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I'm planning on heading into town on Saturday morning for the Milk Market and to see the giant. Coming from the Dublin road side. Do ye reckon I'd have access to Charlotte's Quay or similar for parking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Does anybody consider this just a gigantic
    waste of money ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

No

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭moby2101

chicorytip wrote: »
    waste of money ?

Well have to wait and see I guess!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Macnas and Bui Bolg have been doing
    this kind of thing brilliantly for years on a
    smaller scale,admittedly.Limerick has been designated as the nation's capital
    of culture for the year 2014.Would it not be more appropriate,therefore,to highlight
    and promote genuine and worthy local and,indeed,national talent rather than the
    egotistical follies of some self-proclaimed
    French "genius".

• Advertisement

waste of money ?

Anything that has the potential to attract 200,000+ people to Limerick this weekend is far from a waste of money. Royal de Luxe has been successful in every city its traveled to and the majority of people are looking forward to it.

How do you think its a waste of money?

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭wotswattage

At least wait until Monday to decide if its a complete waste of money !!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

waste of money ?

Well I guess no matter how many/few come to view the parades you've made up your mind anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Macnas and Bui Bolg have been doing
    this kind of thing brilliantly for years on a
    smaller scale,admittedly.Limerick has been designated as the nation's capital
    of culture for the year 2014.Would it not be more appropriate,therefore,to highlight
    and promote genuine and worthy local and,indeed,national talent rather than the
    egotistical follies of some self-proclaimed
    French "genius".

You do realise that this is just one of 340 plus (and counting) LCOC events this year right, the program is rammed with genuine/local and national talent, I've been to about 40 different events already this year...this was one of the headline events, and to be fair it was justified, if it were not for this event the rest of the country wouldn't even know the City of Culture was happening....

I'm at the stage where I do not care what anyone thinks of this city anymore, what I seen is enough for me, this is one of the most culturally diverse/talented cities in the country...

The decision to go ahead with this has demonstrated real ambition and I for one take my hat off to them, there are a lot of factors that they have no control over (weather, press coverage, attendance etc) so it really is a gamble...I hope it goes well for all parties concerned, this year has been a revelation they deserve it.

Any way of finding out where she'll be at approx 6:30 tomorrow? Myself and a few friends are heading to the match and want to have a look on the way in. Peoples park area maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 770 ✭✭✭ComputerKing

Any way of finding out where she'll be at approx 6:30 tomorrow? Myself and a few friends are heading to the match and want to have a look on the way in. Peoples park area maybe?

All the info and her paths are on the website.

All the info and her paths are on the website.

Ya I looked at that. I'll be in town at 6:30 so trying to judge her whereabouts at that time. Suppose she wont be too hard to find :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭pigtown

Keep an eye on the City of Culture Twitter feed, it will let you know.

pigtown wrote: »
    Keep an eye on the City of Culture Twitter feed, it will let you know.

Oh yes good call pigtown! It'll probably be the only time I'll ever get to use my Twitter account for something useful. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Ya I looked at that. I'll be in town at 6:30 so trying to judge her whereabouts at that time. Suppose she wont be too hard to find :pac:

Well she is to be at Sarsfield Barracks at 19:00 and her route just before that will be Barrington Street, Pery square, Mallow street and then up the Yellow Road/ Edward street until she gets to the barracks.

So your best bet around 18:30 would be somewhere along that route.

Advertisement