Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal de Luxe September 2014

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

what would be the best location to get most of it?

her routes are available here:

http://royaldeluxelimerick.ie/maps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I wasn't asking about the route

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I wasn't asking about the route

How about you look at the route and then pick a spot somewhere along it that suits you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

It's moving street theatre, it'll be bit different in different locations depending on what her minders do wit her. There's no 'best'location

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

An File wrote: »
    How about you look at the route and then pick a spot somewhere along it that suits you?
    hard to understand, is it?
    It's moving street theatre, it'll be bit different in different locations depending on what her minders do wit her. There's no 'best'location
    that's what I was thinking, thanks, for what I've been told the city is packed, and I just won't be able to walk for 2.5hrs with a toddler sitting on my neck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

The scarf will be presented to her outside Limerick Craft Hub at 4pm today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

hard to understand, is it?

that's what I was thinking, thanks, for what I've been told the city is packed, and I just won't be able to walk for 2.5hrs with a toddler sitting on my neck

longest stretch seems to be from st. munchin's church to Hasset's cross in thomondgate, probably best thing to do is get a good spot along here somewhere where you will get to see as much as possible as she comes and passes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

seems to be a platform for the speaker and the story telling parts near the Locke, so presume they are stopping on the bridge there later. also if you see the safe, they may be blowing it up again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Iranoutofideas

So the advertised park and ride at lit is actually park and walk because there's no ****ing bus

What a joke

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

It is actually advertised as park and walk on the official website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

So the advertised park and ride at lit is actually park and walk because there's no ****ing bus

What a joke

Lit was never advertised as a park and ride.. Always park and walk.. She's coming to shelbourne park and was in lee estate.. Hence why no bus..

People don't read directions properly, what a ****ing joke

Anyone meet Dara O Brien last night? He came to Limerick for the show. Bumped into him in a pub in town. Good to see the show is attracting a few celebs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Anyone meet Dara O Brien last night? He came to Limerick for the show. Bumped into him in a pub in town. Good to see the show is attracting a few celebs

True. Two lucky Boardsies even got to have a few drinkies with me last night.:P

Although it was a little unsettling at first as something resembling the exchange below started in a pub bathroom :eek:.

Them: Are you Kess73?

Me: errrrrrr..maybe?

Them: spotted you driving your car earlier.

Me: errrrrrrrrrrrrrm....yeah...........

Them: You actually look like you should. Your ink stands out.

Me: Thanks I think.............and who the eff are you? :D

Them: I'm X and He is Y.

Turns out there are some really nice posters from the soccer forum that live in Limerick :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Hooked

Facebook flooded with images. Sun shining all day...

Not one mention of it on the RTE six:one news???

Seriously?????

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Hooked wrote: »
    Facebook flooded with images. Sun shining all day...

Not one mention of it on the RTE six:one news???

Seriously?????

It was on the 1 o clock news yesterday and I assume six one (was gone out by then). It was pretty unlikely the were going to do another report on it today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

It was on the 1 o clock news yesterday and I assume six one (was gone out by then). It was pretty unlikely the were going to do another report on it today.

It was given a few minutes on friday's six one news bulletin. TV3 also devoted a few minutes to highlight the event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭jonski

I saw it on EuroNews this morning .

jonski wrote: »
    I saw it on EuroNews this morning .

Damn right you did

Kess73 wrote: »
    True. Two lucky Boardsies even got to have a few drinkies with me last night.:P

Although it was a little unsettling at first as something resembling the exchange below started in a pub bathroom :eek:.

Them: Are you Kess73?

Me: errrrrrr..maybe?

Them: spotted you driving your car earlier.

Me: errrrrrrrrrrrrrm....yeah...........

Them: You actually look like you should. Your ink stands out.

Me: Thanks I think.............and who the eff are you? :D

Them: I'm X and He is Y.

Turns out there are some really nice posters from the soccer forum that live in Limerick :D
    Its actually annoying me that I don't know who you are...yet

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Toffeeboy

more hype than substance. hopefully it brought a lot of people into town who don't normally and that they might come back again on another weekend. Kids seemed to like it..

I wonder how retailers were affected by it?

I would say the million budget was spent on the Gardaí overtime. There was a lot of them around

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 318 ✭✭audidiesel

Toffeeboy wrote: »

I would say the million budget was spent on the Gardaí overtime. There was a lot of them around

Most of us are working our Haddington road days today and tomorrow. Was working for free from 8am-6pm but getting paid for the two hours from 6pm to 8pm in fairness. Long day standing at a junction. Be at it again tomorrow.

Most of the money is going to the theatre company as far as I'm aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

audidiesel wrote: »
    Most of us are working our Haddington road days today and tomorrow. Was working for free from 8am-6pm but getting paid for the two hours from 6pm to 8pm in fairness. Long day standing at a junction. Be at it again tomorrow.

Most of the money is going to the theatre company as far as I'm aware

and doing a great job too, my kids got free sweeties and hi vis jackets from the garda unit outside Shelbourne park.

The show in the park was awesome, just awesome.

I dont know where the "best " places to be are. We were just lucky to be beside Granny when she was being presented with the scarf. Kids had front row view. I think she is stopping in the Hunt Museum courtyard too so there is surely something else happening there? Anyone know?

I'm definitely aiming to see her tomorrow when she leaves Limerick . The route says Sarsfield Street, Sarsfield Bridge and leave Limerick by the Shannon. Will they lift her off the bridge onto a boat I wonder? If so Howleys Quay will be the place to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Ya as far as I know she will be lifted into a boat and sail off towards the docks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭juneg

Jofspring wrote: »
    Ya as far as I know she will be lifted into a boat and sail off towards the docks.

And then the All Ireland..... Could tomorow get any better :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,909 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

juneg wrote: »
    And then the All Ireland..... Could tomorow get any better :D

The lads might beat Georgia in the soccer! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

chicorytip wrote: »
    Does anybody consider this just a gigantic
    waste of money ?

Having seen her and the crowds in town yesterday and today would more than convince me it wasn't a waste of money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Its actually annoying me that I don't know who you are...yet

I'm like a No Doubt song. Just switch girl to guy in the title, and you get Kess :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 453 ✭✭Lobsterlady

It was jammers in town today. I was there at 4pm, walked from top of O'connell street down to outside Debenhams to watch Granny walk by. It was packed! I don't think i've ever seen it so busy. I nipped into a couple of shops in William Street and they said they were hopping with customers. Cafes all along Catherine Street and Thomas Street were doing a brisk business. I've no doubt this brought some money into town. Deadly buzz:-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Don't think I've seen so many people in town since Bill Clinton's visit! Fantastic coup for the city, people will be talking about it for a while to come I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 70 ✭✭twofish101

Brilliant event for the city, I was in yesterday with the family, well organised with park and ride bringing people into the city with no traffic. Limerick looked fantastic, all along the river looked like the south of France with people sitting in the sun outside enjoying food and drinks. Massive amount of people around, I'd say hats off to the organisers as it has done the city proud.

Advertisement