Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal de Luxe September 2014

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

topper75 wrote: »
    Word has reached Raidió Teilifís Átha Cliath that something has happened out there in the great beyonds.

Ah well. Maybe they'll know better for eh... Limerick City of Culture 2015.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/giant-gran-should-have-got-more-coverage-admits-rte-30575339.html

They know what they did was wrong, the question is, why did they do it?

They could have potentially drove tens of thousands more to this had they given it more exposure, thank god the sun was shining on Limerick even if the national media weren't.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭marienbad

They know what they did was wrong, the question is, why did they do it?

They could have potentially drove tens of thousands more to this had they given it more exposure, thank god the sun was shining on Limerick even if the national media weren't.

And were TG4 not already in town for the Munster- Edinburgh match ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,515 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

marienbad wrote: »
    And were TG4 not already in town for the Munster- Edinburgh match ?

Yes, they were. They were also supplied with high quality video provided by a video production team contracted to do so. (other news outlets used this footage)

Be under no illusion, they were aware that

1 This was the cultural highlight of LCOC
    2 The year that was supposed to rebrand the city, ie show the city in a different light.
    3 That the 2min of footage they gave the event on Friday over 2 bulletins, at the end of each bulletin were the very least they could give it, they know that most of the audience have flicked over at that stage.
    4 It would be great assistance to the event to plug it as often as you can in bulletins (ala Galway races)
    5 That they had ample footage to air.
    6 That footage looked fantastic, on a weekend when news tends to be a little lighter, ordinarily this is the kind of thing news producers love.

Someone, when the news content and running order etc etc were being discussed said f**k them....I just would like to know why.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭Vanquished

A poor showing from RTE alright but hardly unexpected.

Had the event taken place in that bastion of all things fun and magical: Galway. They'd have been creaming themselves!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,206 ✭✭✭zig

I was meant to buy a CD but being lazy I said Id wait till Sunday, by then the crowd was so big there wasnt a chance. Im wondering does anyone have a copy? Id happily pay, Id even happily pay Royal de Luxe for a copy but thought it might be quicker through someone here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

zig wrote: »
    I was meant to buy a CD but being lazy I said Id wait till Sunday, by then the crowd was so big there wasnt a chance. Im wondering does anyone have a copy? Id happily pay, Id even happily pay Royal de Luxe for a copy but thought it might be quicker through someone here.

Why not contact CityofCulture and check if they have any in stock?

I know someone else that did and they told them the band was gone , so I'm assuming they dont have any unfortunately.

I guess the next job is to contact the band themselves or Royal de luxe. I know their stuff but the music they made for that tour seems to be unique.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I know someone else that did and they told them the band was gone , so I'm assuming they dont have any unfortunately.

I guess the next job is to contact the band themselves or Royal de luxe. I know their stuff but the music they made for that tour seems to be unique.

If you find it somewhere or figure out a means of getting it can you drop me a PM or post on here? I'm pretty let down that I didn't buy it also :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭Miike

I've made contact with the producer for the band and he's willing to send me the CD + DVD set or €15 P&P inc. I can forward you his details should you be still interested! :)

• Advertisement

Hi Miike, cheers, only yesterday they got back with details so Im sorted on that end as well! Thanks for the help though! :)

Advertisement