Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭RoryMurphyJnr

Wet n Wild is looking a little old at this stage.
    Aquatica is well worth a visit
    As mentioned Sea World is a matter of taste but we really enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,817 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Wet n Wild is looking a little old at this stage.
    Aquatica is well worth a visit
    As mentioned Sea World is a matter of taste but we really enjoyed it.

Wet and Wild is set to close this year it is very dated. I enjoyed Seaworld as a nice break from the other parks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

Sorry everyone if this has been asked before and/or is a stupid question. But if I want to buy my Disney tickets before I get to Orlando where can I buy them? Or can I even buy them online?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Wellyd wrote: »
    Sorry everyone if this has been asked before and/or is a stupid question. But if I want to buy my Disney tickets before I get to Orlando where can I buy them? Or can I even buy them online?

Yep, attraction tickets direct or undercover tourist are both reputable and will post you out real tickets not vouchers that you have to present in order to exchange for tickets, using either of these two and you will have your tickets within days, undercover tourist will mail from Scotland, ATD from Dublin, they have a walk in shop also AFAIK

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gengalway

Hi Anyone know about buying gifts in Disneyland Paris. I told it very expensive. What I am wondering is does anyone know of a cheaper place to buy gifts and souvenirs outside of Disneyland. I read somewhere once that there was a shop in Paris or somewhere that you could buy the gifts and souvenirs for cheaper. Anyone know where it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,260 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

There's a Disney shop on the Champs D'Elsysee

It has the same stuff as the Disney shop on Grafton Street. Same prices too. It won't have any stuff related to the Parks

There's a much bigger range in the Parks. Some of it is pricey but it's up to your own budget as to whether it's too expensive or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭BubbleBuddy

Fastpud wrote: »
    Has any one transferred from Charles de Gaulle airport in Paris to Disneyland via the TGV. I heard it is very quick only 10-12 minutes but have been unable to book this on the SNCF web site for any date. Is it still available?
    Planning to be in Paris in July so need to book as trains will be very busy.
    If the TGV is not available what is the best way to get from CDG to Disneyland area. (Not staying in Disney hotel)

Thanks.

Hi Fastpud

We're travelling to DLP in August and trying to do the same - travel CDG to Disneyland by TGV but can't book anything in advance on the website. Is it a case where online tickets are gone or just not yet available? Were you able to get tickets in the end or are you using another way of travelling between the two?

• Registered Users Posts: 31 spintheglobe

Europa Park in Rust - Germany! Hands down by far the best one!

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oakshade

Hi everyone,

Anyone been to Duinrell in Holland before? It looks and sounds amazing but I would be interested to see your experiences and if you book direct or go via someone like Eurocamp? Also if you went with a car and how that worked out for you?

Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Hi, was in eurodisney last November and unfortunately our stay coincided with the attacks...so we're going back this coming January.
    I've heard that some of the hotels have had a makeover this year and am wondering if anyone has any opinions on where to stay ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭clairek6

Hi
    I am going to book hotel and plane tickets through clickandgo.com as they seem to be quite good value. however im confused if I should also book the bus to disneyland as I have never been to paris before, but it seems very expensive (~€40)
    also is the best place to purchase park tickets through the main Disney website or are the other websites popping up ok too? id be wary though as they seem a good bit cheaper.?

thanks for any recommendations from people have done this before.
    should also mention its two adults travelling but are all up for the full disney experience!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

I've been a few times and always booked a hotel and park entry package from the Disney website. I've never stayed at any of the park hotels, but you can book into partner hotels in the vicinity from the website. Depending on when you go they fen have offers (e.g. 4 nights for the price of 3).

I've stayed at this hotel, which is one stop back from the RER station at Disney itself at val d'Europe. The hotel run a free shuttle bus, but I always found it a lot easier just to buy a 10 pack of tickets and get the train (about 5 minutes) http://www.hotelelysee.com

I've always found it a welcome break from the park and there is a huge shopping centre there with some reasonably priced restaurants.

clairek6 wrote: »
    should also mention its two adults travelling but are all up for the full disney experience!!!
    Then I'd recommend staying in one of the disney hotels. They are expensive, but your park tickets are included and you'll get extra time in the park (2 hours each morning). Everything is walkable and you won't have to worry about shuttle buses or taxis. I get what Phoebas says about wanting a break from the parks but a stroll back to your hotel for a swim/nap is less stressful than trains/buses etc

For transfers, think about a private transfer. It's €60 one way but that's only about €15 more expensive than the bus and they'll be waiting for you in arrivals and drop you to your hotel door. I went with this crowd and absolutely no complaints

http://www.isprestige.com/airport.php

The cheapest way is using the Paris rail system. You'll need to get two trains. RER A from CDG to Paris city centre, and then RER B to Disneyland. This site explain it perfectly
    http://parisbytrain.com/cdg-to-disneyland/
    http://parisbytrain.com/rer-train-paris-to-euro-disney/

• Registered Users Posts: 23,491 ✭✭✭✭ted1

It's good but Portaventura outside Barcelona trumps it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Manwithfamily

Hi All

I have been searching for deals on 3 days in Portaventura Salou Spain for August when myself, my Wife and Son will be there.

I found a good deal with the travelrepublic irish website I never bought anything from there before.

My question is 1) Can I trust them to send me the tickets to my email and
    2) Does anyone think I will have trouble getting into the park with the tickets they send to me? . I am concerned that when we get to the park the Official there will not have any record of our booking.

Looking forward to some good advise on this.

Thanks

Manwithfamily

• Registered Users Posts: 6,485 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Hi, was in eurodisney last November and unfortunately our stay coincided with the attacks...so we're going back this coming January.
    I've heard that some of the hotels have had a makeover this year and am wondering if anyone has any opinions on where to stay ?

Disney's website will tell you where they are currently renovating. Honestly, there is such a huge amount of major attractions shut until summer 2017 that I just don't think the park would be worth visiting until April at the very earliest.

http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

Disney's website will tell you where they are currently renovating. Honestly, there is such a huge amount of major attractions shut until summer 2017 that I just don't think the park would be worth visiting until April at the very earliest.

http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html

Just had a look, I've stayed in the Cheyenne and done the star tours and some others, not so worried about that
    We did all the Walt Disney park, but nothing kf the other before the attack, so that's why we are going , so I think we'll be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Hi,

Heading to Salou next week (Me 30, herself 29) and being the big child that I am I'm mad to go to a waterpark. A load of people have told me about PortAventura, however from looking this up it seems to be more a theme park whereas AquaPolis is a water park? Anyone have recommendations for either?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 lolls2001

Hi,

Heading to Salou next week (Me 30, herself 29) and being the big child that I am I'm mad to go to a waterpark. A load of people have told me about PortAventura, however from looking this up it seems to be more a theme park whereas AquaPolis is a water park? Anyone have recommendations for either?

Thanks.

there is a water park with Port Aventura too , its called Port Aventura Caribe

Hi,

Thanks.

Portavenura is a major theme park, with a separate water park attached (separate ticket/admission)
    https://www.portaventuraworld.com/en/acuatic-park

Aquapolis is more your standard water park that can be find in most European tourist resorts
    http://costa-dorada.aquopolis.es/?lang=en

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Flange/Flanders

Dodge wrote: »
    Portavenura is a major theme park, with a separate water park attached (separate ticket/admission)
    https://www.portaventuraworld.com/en/acuatic-park

Aquapolis is more your standard water park that can be find in most European tourist resorts
    http://costa-dorada.aquopolis.es/?lang=en

Thanks a million guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Hey-have you more info on this?? Where did you stay/fly into etc?

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,432 ✭✭✭SusanC10

We intend to spend 4 days (5 nights) near London en route to France next summer.

Have 2 kids who will be 11 & 8 at the time of the trip. They are both big Lego and Harry Potter fans.

Does anyone have any tips on doing these Parks ? My Husband wants to spend 2 of the 4 days in London City with that leaving 1 day each for each of the Parks. Thoughts / Advice ??

Is it worth doing both Parks or should we just pick one - if so which would be better ?

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

Me and my friends(4 of them) are planning to go tayto park.
    The cost would be around 50E(tayto park 30E, and bus return 20 back limerick)
    I was wondering is there any way to make this whole trip cheaper, even by 5,10E. Maybe car hire, taxi, cheaper tickets etc.

Me and my friends(4 of them) are planning to go tayto park.
    The cost would be around 50E(tayto park 30E, and bus return 20 back limerick)
    I was wondering is there any way to make this whole trip cheaper, even by 5,10E. Maybe car hire, taxi, cheaper tickets etc.

Presume that €30 is €15 and €15 for the wristband?

If so, you can book online to save a quid each (14 instead of 15).

You'll have to look into car hire yourself but if someone has a licence, I'd be hoping they can get a loan of a car for the day. Petrol won't cost you €50 between you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

So guys planning holidays for 2017 and well was looking at how the best way to do Disney Paris is. Would it be better to stay in the city or at the park. What is the best time to go? Any advice appreciated :D

Charizard wrote: »
    So guys planning holidays for 2017 and well was looking at how the best way to do Disney Paris is. Would it be better to stay in the city or at the park. What is the best time to go? Any advice appreciated :D

Best stay in the park, do it over 3 days... at least, 2 days is not enough.,
    Major renovations happening towards the end of this year and early next, so if you want to see all the big rides, go after March when Space Mountain and a few more are back in action.
    Prepare for queues! Cant stress this enough, if you stay in the park you can get access to the park 2 hours before the general public in the morning, ...and also purchase fast-pass tickets where you can...it means you can turn up to a ride at a preappointed time and with a minimum of queuing.
    Breakfasts are buffet style on site, so stock up with rolls water and other foodstuffs as snacks on-site can be very, very expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Hi all,

Myself and OH are going to Salou for a week in the start of October. We're going to do 2 days, maybe 3 in Portaventura as we love theme parks. Just wondering what's the best way of getting the cheapest rate for this? Buy tickets from the official website or elsewhere? The cost to add on days seems very little hence we're gonna do at least a couple of days.

Also, do you think a fast pass is needed? Was thinking we probably wouldn't need it as it'll be weekdays in October so can't imagine queues would be too bad. I went to Six Flags twice in Chicago in Summer with no pass and it súcked cos we spent most of the day queuing, went a third time with mates and insisted we get the very pricey passes and had a brilliant day.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Jpm123

Has anyone else noticed how much more expensive Disney land Paris is for 2017. We went at Easter time this year and for next year the prices are about three times the the price

• Advertisement

Jpm123 wrote: »
    Has anyone else noticed how much more expensive Disney land Paris is for 2017. We went at Easter time this year and for next year the prices are about three times the the price

It's the 25th anniversary and they're making a big effort with things apparently

I think it's only decent value if you can get 2+2 nights free, kids free etc

Advertisement