Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

* ~** ThemeParks megathread **~**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,285 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

Defo too young for Alton Towers and Thorpe Park IMO. My then 6 year old was tall for her age and could still only do a few rides. Alton Towers does have CBeebies land but that’d fill half an hour max

Blackpool has a few rides for kids but again I’m not sure it’d be suitable

Thomas Land is at Drayton Manor. Haven’t been but a mate has and his kids loved it there. They were 3 and 5 (I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Thomas the tank land would be fine for a 3 year old. We have been a couple of times it's a great place

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Great thanks guys, any other theme parks similar you've been to that you would recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Markdmd

What sort of budget for food would you want per day in Disney world . Including one table service a breakfast and counter service ?

Food is by far the biggest cost. Have a look at the Disney site for restaurants you like the look of and put them into this side (or put in random ones from each category to get a ball park figures)

https://www.distripplanner.com/

Character dining is more expensive than ‘standard’ table service.

What I will say is that portion sizes are huge and we never ate 3 meals a day. Off site is cheaper

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Markdmd wrote: »
    What sort of budget for food would you want per day in Disney world . Including one table service a breakfast and counter service ?

Assuming your talking about onsite prices,

A counter service or quick service which is usually lunch about $15

When the value resorts run the free breakfast offer, what you actually get is a quick service credit so budget $15 maybe a bit less if your just picking up individual items from a food court

For table service, assuming dinner it depends on how many courses you plan to have, some are very expensive like for instance The Boathouse, less expensive would be Chef Art's Homecoming, less expensive again would be Blaze Pizza & De-Lux Burger all at Disney Springs

There are restaurants to suit all budgets, a bit of a search on Disney's website will uncover their menu's & exact prices

Blaze Pizza and D-Luxe burger are quick service. $10 for a pizza in Blaze is superb value

Dodge wrote: »
    Blaze Pizza and D-Luxe burger are quick service. $10 for a pizza in Blaze is superb value

Yeah, we enjoyed Blaze & the whole way they do it, from memory if you are using a quick service dining credit at De-lux, you get a burger & drink, fries are extra but I think you can use a snack credit for fries obviously this only matters if you have the dining plan

Yeah, we enjoyed Blaze & the whole way they do it, from memory if you are using a quick service dining credit at De-lux, you get a burger & drink, fries are extra but I think you can use a snack credit for fries obviously this only matters if you have the dining plan

This is right. Fries are a snack credit. First time on a dining plan this year so have done a fair bit of research

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

Hi, does anyone know is it possible to book Disney world package (hotel + hooper Park tickets) for 4 nights, 3 or 4 day hopper park tickets anymore? Last time I was there I was able to book it, but this time it doesn’t seems to allow you to book 4 nights stay and also seems to only have option of 7 days minimum park tickets.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Hi, does anyone know is it possible to book Disney world package (hotel + hooper Park tickets) for 4 nights, 3 or 4 day hopper park tickets anymore? Last time I was there I was able to book it, but this time it doesn’t seems to allow you to book 4 nights stay and also seems to only have option of 7 days minimum park tickets.

Thanks

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com

Select language United States (English) in the drop down menu & you should be able to do it there

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Irishgal2000

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com

Select language United States (English) in the drop down menu & you should be able to do it there

Thank you 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭webpal

Does it allow you purchase tickets from US site if you are using an Irish address? These shorter day would suit me better.

webpal wrote: »
    Does it allow you purchase tickets from US site if you are using an Irish address? These shorter day would suit me better.

I'm pretty sure it does, if not staying at a Disney resort, so not automatically getting magic bands, you will probably have to go to a 'will call' window to collect the physical tickets

You could always use https://www.undercovertourist.com for tickets, you will have physical tickets within a few days of ordering as they are shipped from Scotland, they are a reputable ticket reseller

Don’t rule out the 7 day tickets though. They’re usually cheaper than the Magic your way tickets

Shop around the British ticket sellers for different prices too. Can save a fair bit compared to irish sellers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,384 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Staying at Val d'Europe, one stop on the RER line from Marne-la-Vallee (DLP).

Arriving on Sunday 6-May, the following day is a public holiday.

Want to buy 2 day / 2 park tickets.

The list price is 150 adult / 133 child.

I see TravelRepublic.ie is charging 122 / 107 - is this a legitimate offer?

I also see the official website charges GBP 116 / 102 if you change your location to UK.

GBP 116 is approx 135 euro, saving 15.

I wonder would this work?

I welcome any advice.

I'm not a DLP expert but Travel Republic I'd consider reputable, I also don't think there is any issue buying your tickets on the UK version of the official site,
    For DLP, lots of people look at the different offers & prices of the different countries & purchase what the want with no issues AFAIK

Definitely no issue with booking on the UK site. I’ve booked for Orlando through there rather than the Irish site. Saved a decent amount on the currency conversion

Agencies do sell tickets so I wouldn’t worry about buying them there either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Any recommendations for any other parks in the Uk or France, Germany?
    Have been to Fantasialand and Disney a few times.
    Only myself and a 9 and 5 year old this time , so don’t think Disney would be enjoyable with 3 of us.
    Would like a couple of nights there also.
    Youngest one is on about Legoland but reviews for the one in the Uk arnt really great?

Anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Geuze wrote: »
    Staying at Val d'Europe, one stop on the RER line from Marne-la-Vallee (DLP).

Arriving on Sunday 6-May, the following day is a public holiday.

Want to buy 2 day / 2 park tickets.

The list price is 150 adult / 133 child.

I see TravelRepublic.ie is charging 122 / 107 - is this a legitimate offer?

I also see the official website charges GBP 116 / 102 if you change your location to UK.

GBP 116 is approx 135 euro, saving 15.

I wonder would this work?

I welcome any advice.

Tickets 365 is charging 123 euro but you get 5% off for signing up for their newsletter - 116.85.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭fdevine

XsApollo wrote: »
    Any recommendations for any other parks in the Uk or France, Germany?
    Have been to Fantasialand and Disney a few times.
    Only myself and a 9 and 5 year old this time , so don’t think Disney would be enjoyable with 3 of us.
    Would like a couple of nights there also.
    Youngest one is on about Legoland but reviews for the one in the Uk arnt really great?

Anywhere else?

Parc Asterix near Paris is good. We went there a couple of years ago instead of DLP as it was high summer and DLP would have been mental

Not as big as other theme parks but Duinrell in Wassenaar, Holland is good too. We all enjoyed it. If you stay in the adjacent mobile park you get free entry for the duration of your stay. There's also a big pool complex but that's PAYG. Also close to the European Space Centre which the younger kids loved. Down near the Hague there's a park called Efteling which looks great but we didn't venture down.

Italy has Gardaland. Salou in Spain has Portaventura & Ferrari Land which is where we are headed this year & lastly there's Tivoli Park near Malaga.

Can't comment on the German parks as we've never been.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭info13

Hi all,

Looking for advice the kids want to go to the dreaded Legoland :)

Anybody have advice about where to stay, fly, costs etc..

Was looking at the Lego resort and getting prices of about 950 for 3days!

Was thinking maybe a B&B close by to the park.

Any advice will help thanks :)

Which Legoland? There’s a few of them about

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭info13

Anybody got any advice on Legoland? Looking at planning for after summer.

Lego hotel seems pricey so was thinking B&B close by and just going to the park maybe 1 or 2 days if anyone thinks needed?

Also where to fly into etc... any advice would help thanks all

• Registered Users Posts: 4 dylan_mc9

Hi guys anyone planning to go to Disney world florida this year, parkmapper.com great site to help you plan everything and the instagram has some tips to save money if anyone is interested having a look.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

info13 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Looking for advice the kids want to go to the dreaded Legoland :)

Anybody have advice about where to stay, fly, costs etc..

Was looking at the Lego resort and getting prices of about 950 for 3days!

Was thinking maybe a B&B close by to the park.

Any advice will help thanks :)
    Interested in this too.Looking at Legoland UK early July. Any advice?We've a 3 year old and 5 year old who is Lego mad!!Are the other Legolands around Europe better?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

toby2111 wrote: »
    Interested in this too.Looking at Legoland UK early July. Any advice?We've a 3 year old and 5 year old who is Lego mad!!Are the other Legolands around Europe better?
    the legoland in Germany is really good. With a 3 and 5 year old the big coasters cant be done but theres plenty of sedate rides which are good, and queues not as bad as the big rides.
    Admission is 40euro a head, but theres a half price token for up to 5 people on kellogs packs if you can get to a shop beforehand.
    I've also seen offers for 80 per person for accommodation and 2 days park entry until june, which might be something to investigate too.

if in the area you can also visit playmobil fun park in Nuremberg which in the end they might enjoy more . Its only a tenner in, so the 4 of you get in for the price of 1 person in legoland . The food and drink there is also very reasonable, i.e. a fiver for a kids pizza, drink, desert and a playmobil figure. The attractions are more active than legoland, so lots of climbing and running down secret tunnels compared to sit on rides in legoland. When our pair were smaller they'd be so wrecked after all the fun that they'd be asleep in the car before we even left the car park !

You can get to the area with Ryanair , Aer Lingus or Lufthansa to Munich (6 times a day) or Stuttgart or Memmingen. Frankfurt or Frankfurt Hahn are further away both with flights to Dublin, and Hahn has
    connections to Kerry, and while its quite out of the way, if hiring a car then you can drive a few hours stopping at a convenient (and cheap!) hotel somewhere along the way and then be a relatively short drive to either park.

I should add that public pools in Germany tend to be great for small kids with a splash area and small slides, and they are only 3 or 4 euros for adults and young kids free admission. In summer (when it can be over 30 degrees but pools are open regardless of weather from May onwards) you can enjoy the weather in an outdoor public pool which also normally caters very well for small kids with similar splashy areas .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

How did you find the language barrier in Germany? Or are they ok with English?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,882 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

toby2111 wrote: »
    How did you find the language barrier in Germany? Or are they ok with English?
    the park is setup as bilingual english and german and from seeing czech/ french/ italian visitors deal with them, the staff can deal with you in English no problems.

In touristy west german places like that you'll have no bother getting along with just English. I was once in east germany on holidays in a popular (german) tourist area and they didn't even have brochures in English which I was shocked with, but in Munich/ Nuremberg / Stuttgart / Legoland / Playmobil where hotels and parks get millions of foreign visitors a year (9.6 million foreign visitors in Bavaria alone apparently), english can be assumed to be spoken to a reasonable level.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 93 ✭✭Unicrons Dad

Going to universal studios in april with my bro . 2 questions

1. Is a top end hotel like the hard rock worth the extra few pound or should we stay in one of the inns on int drive

2. Got 14 day tickets priced ay 250 euro each. Is that about right or can they be got cheaper

Advertisement