Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mediawiki and permissions

Options
  • 26-05-2014 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi.  I have a query on mediawiki installations, as performed by the web applications installer. I recently upgraded a deployment of mediawiki, and was checking its settings when I ran into a bit on an issue. The mediawiki installation guide suggests setting the access permissions on LocalSettings.php to 0600 or 0640 for reasons of security, though this renders the wiki inoperable. Doing a little research suggests that server settings might be the cause of this.

I could leave the permissions on the file at 0644, and it work fine, though this wouldn't be great from a security point of view. Do you guys have a workaround here that you can recommend?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

If you contact our helpdesk team they should be able to assist you and advise

Advertisement